We are currently recruiting for EC&I Technicians for our client based at Aldermaston.
This will be a temporary contract to run from August 2021 - Feb 2022.
Candidates will need to have CSCS card and also be SC cleared.
* Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation. Specific details listed below:
o Tray, conduit and Trunking installation
o Cable pulling including forming and looming.
o Glanding and terminating and identification of cables and cores in accordance with cable cards
o Testing for Dead
o Inspection and testing of installations (Dead tests and Live testing)
o Earthing and Bonding
o Panel Installation
o Installation of electrical devices and Instrumentation in accordance with RAMS
o Wiring 3Phase motors and Isolators
o Emergency Stop Circuits
o Fibre Installation (preferred)
o Profibus Installation (preferred)
o Assistance with Setting to Work/Commissioning (preferred)
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
* To participate in the planning and preparation of works including production of RAMS.
* To carry out work in accordance with the work packs and best practice and applicable trade/legal standards.
* To comply with any health and safety requirements of the work pack or work area.
* To carry out safety and behavioural observation.
* To comply with quality requirements of the work pack.
* To not proceed past a hold point.
* To report any defects, damage, safety hazards or other problems to their line manager.
* Any other task/duties, commensurate with the Role Holder's competency, as directed by the Line Manager.
* Level 3 Qualification (e.g. Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship) appropriate to their trade.
* ECS Card relevant to qualifications and role - Mandatory for access to site
* BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations (latest edition)
Security Clearance Requirements
* SC or DV - Mandatory for access to site