Leading US law firm has created a new role, based in their London office, of Compliance Director (Director of Anti-Money Laundering/Compliance) who will be responsible for anti-money laundering and prevention of financial crime compliance operations in coordination with the firm's Money Laundering Compliance Officer (MLCO), Money Laundering Reporting Officers (MLROs), the Director of New Business Intake, Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration, Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP), and Assistant General Counsel (UK).
Responsibilities for this Compliance Director hire will include:
• Act as a dynamic global ambassador for compliance with regimes relating to anti-money laundering (AML), anti-bribery and corruption (ABC), illegal tax benefits, and other relevant requirements.
• Manage, develop, motivate, and inspire compliance staff including the AML Manager, Senior AML Analysts, and AML Analysts.
• Develop, maintain, and communicate policies and templates that set firm standards for complying with AML, ABC, and other financial crimes related regulatory requirements imposed by the United Kingdom, European Union, Hong Kong, Singapore, the UAE and other jurisdictions as required.
• Oversee and develop processes designed to comply with regulatory requirements and respond to business need. Example processes include identifying matters and clients that fall within the scope of the relevant legislation, conducting client and matter due diligence as part of the intake process and at appropriate intervals, ensuring complete records are kept and that AML audits are conducted.
• Conduct and update firm risk assessments relating to AML and ABC, provide policy and process recommendations to address identified risks and implement policies as approved by the COLP, COFA and MLROs.
Director of Compliance candidates require:
• Degree educated or comparable professional experience/qualifications • 10 years of experience working in a compliance function, ideally from a law firm • Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to develop techniques, standards, and procedures.
• Strong project and people management skills.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and complete projects in a timely fashion.
• Unequivocal commitment to maintaining high ethical standards and strict confidentiality of firm and client information