Turning Point Scotland Glasgow Drug Crisis Centre
The Glasgow Drug Crisis Centre is a busy 24/7 service for drug users, combining a Methadone Clinic, Needle Exchange service and a 12 bedded Residential Unit. Its multi-disciplinary teams comprise social care workers, nurses and medical staff, who encourage and support Service Users to find ways of making their drug use less problematic and to achieve a better quality of life. Many Service Users will be unable to cope and be at risk, but whatever the issue Turning Point Scotland is committed to rehabilitation and recovery through effective person centred support. Turning Point Scotland Stabilisation Service
Garscube House provides a long-stay alcohol rehabilitation service for 10 adults who are homeless and have a history of alcohol dependence but wish to recover and change their lifestyle.
Individuals will take part in a recovery focused rehabilitation programme tailored to their needs and based on abstinence from all alcohol and drugs.
Individuals will have complex physical, mental health and addiction issues with medium to high care needs. The service will operate to a target length stay of 9 months.Main Duties and Responsibilities: Service Delivery
- To directly provide person-centred supports to service users including those who have the most complex or multiple needs, and to assist them to develop their skills, abilities and confidence in all aspects of their daily lives, working in accordance with their Support Plans/Recovery Plans, including social and recreational activities, housekeeping and household activities, attendance at medical and dental appointments, court etc.
- To have delegated responsibility for the postholder's won compliance with the relevant legislation and Nursing and Midwifery Council, and acknowledged good practice and be involved in the clinical governance within the service.
- To directly provide support and assistance to service users with regard to personal and family relationships, developing links with the wider community, leisure and recreational activities and personal care (as required) in accordance with their Support Plans/Recovery Plans.
- To undertake initial and on-going assessments of service users at various stages of their engagement with the service.
- To assist service users to recognise and exercise their rights and provide an appropriate level of professional support to service users to assist them to make informed choices, and to alert line managers to any non-compliance by others noted during work activities.
- To contribute to the devising of effective Support Plans/Recovery Plans, by keeping appropriate records of events and observations and by preparation and presentation of the paperwork required to achieve the best possible outcomes for the people supported by Turning Point Scotland from service users reviews and their Care Managers and other professionals.
- To undertake the planning and co-ordination of elements of support to ensure that the service delivered is in accordance with the individual's Support Plan/Recovery Plan.
- To undertake key working duties and responsibilities in accordance with Turning Point Scotland's Key Working Policy and to alert line managers to any non-compliance by others noted during work activities.
- To devise and lead Group Working sessions and service users, as required and to alert line managers to any non-compliance by others noted during work activities.
- To administer and dispense prescribed medication to service users in accordance with the instructions on the prescription and with additional medical advice.
- To assist the Service Manager by networking effectively with workers from other agencies who are involved with service users, purchaser's monitoring requirements, and Turning Point Scotland's needs.
- To assist the Service Manager and Service Co-ordinator to prepare for Care Inspectorate inspections and other audit activities, and with the implementation of any recommendations or requirements.
- To be personally familiar with and ensure own compliance with Turning Point Scotland's operational policies and procedures, including medication and to alert line managers to any non-compliance by others noted during work activities.
Please select the APPLY
button to be redirected to our website.