£28,000 - £35,000
An exciting opportunity for a Nursery Manager of a private nursery school in the Streatham area has become available to lead the Early Years (age 2 - 5) into the next phase of its exciting development. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successful senior leadership and creating an environment for academic success for all. The candidate will also have experience of leading teaching teams, creative curriculum development and a clear commitment to inclusive education.
The prospective Nursery Manager must have experience of running a nursery school setting and will need to be able to support in building occupancy and maintaining high quality service to our families within Kensington and surrounding areas.
Personal Specifications & Key Responsibilities
• A degree and/or a professional teaching qualification (level 6 or QTS) is desirable with an extensive knowledge of EYFS and early childhood development and the ability to effectively lead SEND throughout the nursery.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience at a senior leadership level with a proven record of delivering outstanding progress and maximising pupil numbers.
• Be an excellent communicator and a team leader with a good understanding of the needs and demands of a vibrant nursery school that values and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
• Provide innovative educational leadership and be able to motivate and inspire others.
• Have an excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strategic mind-set able to assess situations proactively in order to initiate and implement change and evaluate its impact.
• Arranging marketing and publicity materials through social media platforms with the relevant skills to be able to communicate effectively through these mediums.
• Proactively represent the Company and advance its interests in the local community.
• Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
• Able to create a safe, caring and stimulating environment that promotes learning through play, whilst supervising activity-planning to make sure children's needs are met and ensuring the children are at the heart of all that the school does.
• working closely with parents and/or carers, giving them a high standard of customer service, including regular progress reports.
• Working with colleagues and other professionals to make sure that children's needs are met, whilst supporting and developing the nursery team.
• Establish, develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority Departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies. Having existing contacts with leading private schools would be desirable.
• Working closely with the owner to recruit and induct suitably qualified and experienced staff.
• Support, supervise, train and appraise all staff to ensure delivery of high quality childcare practice.
• Able to identify training needs; develop training plans and evaluate training undertaken by staff.
• Work in conjunction with the owner in disciplinary and grievance investigations and hearings.
• Creating management reports, and maintaining staff and child records.
• Create and maintain a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practise throughout the nursery.
• Ensure the health and safety of the children, their parents, carers, the team and any visitors to the nursery.
• Adhere to all health and safety policy and procedures. Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
• Be responsible for ensuring the nursery remains compliant in respect of suitably trained staff with relevant first aid qualifications
• Ensure the administrative duties associated with the management of the nursery, such as maintaining records on children and families, ordering equipment, maintaining inventories and keeping personnel records are kept up-to-date.
• Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the Company's polices on diversity and equal opportunities are adhered to.
• Ensure that all complaints and concerns are actively resolved in a timely manner and that these are reported to the owner.
The safeguarding of all of our children is our highest priority and therefore a clear and valid DBS, two references as well as a valid Safeguarding and First Aid Certificates will be required from all successful candidates.
Job Ref: AC36436