Senior Finance Analyst - Commercial
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the Boots UK finance team as Senior Finance Analyst - Commercial Financial Planning and Analysis. As part of the Commercial Finance team the role is crucial for providing clear, high quality reporting, analysis and insight to the business to ensure clarity and alignment of in year performance, financial forecasts and budgets.
The role offers the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of our business, our commercial function & our forecasting and budgeting processes, giving a real opportunity for career development within Boots. In this team you will be pushed to develop yourself into a position where you will be able to progress into a Finance Manager role. So if career is important to you, this role would be ideal.Key Responsibilities
A bit about you...
- Provide clear and insightful reporting on the trends and drivers impacting performance across Commercial
- Support financial planning processes (in year performance, financial forecasts and budget) across Commercial in a collaborative manner seeking input and engaging central FP&A, business partners and financial control teams as required to ensure rigorous and robust financial planning.
- Act as a link between various Finance functions - i.e. Financial Control, Central FP&A and Transformation to close month end in a timely manner with clear articulation of performance across the Commercial area.
- Provide adhoc analysis across Commercial to support the generation of business cases by the capital and investment team
- Responsibility to ensure strong governance/adherence to our control environment including SOX
A bit about us...
- Part Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) or qualified via experience
- Excellent communication and relationship-building leadership skills, in order to foster a collaborative high performance culture and positively influence business performance
- Strong analytical skills combined with commercial acumen to generate insight from various data sources
- Strong attention to detail
- High energy and resilience, with ability to manage multiple priorities and perform effectively under pressure
The Finance team is fundamental to our success, playing an active role across the entire business ensuring targets are met and strategies are understood.
As trusted advisors, we're involved in a wide range of activities; reviewing weekly and monthly sales-margin-cost performance and assessing the performance of key promotions to partnering the business teams to develop and track the performance of new store openings, new customer propositions like a new online trading platform, to some large scale IT investments.What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and Cash Point
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependents, at times of financial hardship.
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues' needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
To become part of our story and make a difference - click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy, please contact email@example.com.Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office: