Company DescriptionThis is a 12 month fixed term contractLighting the way.
You enjoy finding answers and helping diverse teams to plan and meet their goals. Good with numbers, you communicate easily at many levels, explaining complex ideas in simple ways.
Come and be part of our team. We're shaping the future of a global business with an innovative mindset and a fascinating product.
We're the world's leading diamond company - a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who spark fresh thinking and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.Job Description
An integral part of the De Beers Corporate Functions and Projects finance team, the Finance Manager is responsible for the management reporting function of De Beers UK corporate expenditure. The role will also have a strong compliance element, ensuring business unit and company compliance and strong governance around Business Integrity. In addition the DBUK Finance Manager will also focus on driving continuous improvement in the UK Corporate environment.Key Tasks
- Oversee and manage the UK corporate reporting timetable to ensure that all activities are completed within the set timelines
- Management of two members of the Corporate Functions and Projects Finance team to ensure a strong financial control environment, integrity and accuracy of accounts and focus on personal development in line with individual goals;
- Preparation of analysis of budget and forecast costs in Onestream, including partaking in all DBUK review meetings prior to sign off;
- Preparation of DBUK corporate cost analysis for forecast and budgets for Exco members, including involvement in Exco review meetings.
- Monthly corporate costs analysis and reporting for Group and quarterly reporting for CFO
- Responsible for ensuring the DBUK Pension Scheme (including Cheviot and Intersea schemes) is properly reflected in management and statutory accounts, including liaising with external actuaries as and when required and reporting to senior internal stakeholders in respect of pension valuations;
- Owner of external audit process;
Who We Are: De Beers Group
- Qualified accountant with at least 7 years post qualification experience in a commercial environment;
- Experience of financial management of a diamond trading business
- Experienced manager, with an excellent track record in managing teams;
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS) and experience of statutory reporting requirements, including leading external financial statement audits;
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, SAP, HFM, FDM & HSF;
- Excellent analytical skills, experienced in modelling (including preparation of business cases and DCF valuation methodology);
- The motivation and drive to be an integral part of process and system improvements;
- An excellent communicator and comfortable presenting to and working with senior management
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Good organisational skills. Able to prioritise and work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working within a team to deliver against set targets
Established in 1888, De Beers Group is the world's leading diamond company with unrivalled expertise in the exploration, mining, sorting, valuing, selling and marketing of diamonds. Together with our joint venture partners, we operate in more than 20 countries across six continents.
We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant - for our people, our customers and the world around us.
We build partnerships and connect with our people and their communities to make a positive contribution to the wider world. We're constantly developing new ways to make an impact and build a beneficial legacy. We call it 'Building Forever' - it's fundamental to our pioneering spirit and the purposeful way we do business.Safety
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.Background Checks
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualificationsAdvert Closing Date: 04 August 2021