The role is a stand-alone VAT role; i.e. the candidate is responsible for ensuring VAT compliance for the group and also involving providing VAT advice to the wider tax team/ business.
- The VAT team is comprised of this 1 person and the role is fully integrated as part of the wider I Tax team.
The compliance process largely works as follows:
- Financial Controllers are responsible for preparing VAT/GST returns for entities across the Group.
- The VAT Manager is responsible for reviewing and signing off on the VAT returns for the group.
- Filings are made either by the VAT Manager (for Irish + UK entities) or by Financial Controllers/ local service providers in International (EMEA) jurisdictions.
- The successful candidate will manage the VAT/GST compliance across c. 20 jurisdictions across EMEA.
- They have a separate team looking after US sales tax.
- The role also involves providing VAT advice to the wider tax team/ business.
- The business is very acquisitive group and actively involved in making acquisitions. The VAT person would work closely with the Tax Director/ other tax team members in providing tax advice on projects/ transactions.
The ideal candidate will have experience in process improvement and implementation of automation projects to ensure efficient VAT compliance is met.
The ideal candidate is someone who is very organised; ideally has experience working across a number of jurisdictions; can manage a number of deadlines; has strong technical back-ground; natural aptitude for ensuring robust controls in place and strong stakeholder management skills.
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.