High-Growth Alternative Lender
Stonebridge is proud to be working on an exclusive basis with an exciting alternative lender, which provides growth capital solutions for some of Europe's most promising SMEs. We are looking for an exceptional portfolio manager for their expanding team.
In the last 18 months, their two teams in both the UK and overseas have both doubled in size with the business currently having around 8 portfolio Investments at around £10 million each.
Initially, the candidate will undertake a portfolio management role, helping to look after the Investments made by the business and once established in that role the candidate will get involved with the new Special Sits Fund which will be raised in the next 2 months (term sheets currently being agreed). The fund will be between £100-£150 million and be focused on the TMT sector.
The successful candidate will be between two and eight years post qualified and ideally come from a transaction service or restructuring background.
Skills and Responsibilities
· Preparing pitches & investment memorandums.
· Previous deal due diligence experience.
· The ability to deal with multiple demanding projects at one time.
· The flexibility to travel overseas as and when required.
· Skills within Insolvency and Restructuring and an investment mindset are required as well as a passion for success.
· Previous experience of financial research and the ability to present your findings in a clear analytical and commercial way.
· A previous track record of assessing special situations investment opportunities and a mindset, that allows you to identify the possible issues and promptly make recommendations to rectify them.
· An active interest in protecting the downside risk for the investment firm.
· As well as a financial restructuring background an active network of contacts within the industry is highly desirable. This fund is not looking for a work originator but someone who enjoys networking and building relationships with other professionals in this space.
· This broad role will offer the successful candidate an excellent route into the investment space and fantastic training and support to flourish within it.