FP&A Manager | High Growth Tech Scale-Up | London
Harmonic Finance are delighted to be working with a UK tech start up that has pioneered a new technology to increase the accessibility to transport. They have raised over £10m of funding from some of the world's leading VC funds and are currently in the process of raising their series B to continue their expansion.
The business is growing rapidly having hugely disrupted its core market. They have reached over 100 headcount and have ambitions to double this to 200 by the end of the year, expanding into new lines of business and pivoting from being an intermediary to a supplier for their core product.
While currently working remotely they are based in the start-up hub that is Shoreditch in an amazing office space with easy access to restaurants, cafés, and bars. They have an exceptional leadership team and are focused on attracting the 'best and brightest' with a passion for scaling the next major success story in the tech space!The role:
Ultimately responsible for running the FP&A Function and business partnering to drive strategic decision making throughout the business. The FP&A Manager will work closely with the Head of Finance and Finance Director on bringing better quality FP&A into the business.
There will be additional opportunities to get involved in ad-hoc commercial/strategic projects that will help to form the future of the company. You will need to implement and improve forecasting and budgeting across the business and partner with senior stakeholders to drive data-led decision making - this will initially involve a lot of hands-on work to set up the FP&A function from scratch.
There will be additional opportunities to mentor other members of the finance team as well as growing your own team in the FP&A function down the line (Q1/Q2 next year). You should be extremely comfortable with modelling and forecasting and able to produce a multi company forecast without any issues.Responsibilities:
What we need to see (Essential):
- Ownership of the company wide forecasting process, including multi entity group forecasts.
- Financial scenario planning and sensitivity analysis.
- Performing actuals forecast analysis and presenting this to the leadership team.
- Build and maintain a consolidated 3 statement model combining the 3 different parts of the business.
- Work with the Data team to establish automation of FP&A and KPI reporting in Looker.
- Provide financial review and support to the CEO and leadership in any fundraising activity including the preparation of any fundraising documents.
- Oversight of investor reporting.
- Business Partner with key functions within the business working with them to prepare cost budgets and running analysis of actuals versus budget.
- Be responsible for carrying out commercial reviews of key contracts and carry out negotiations with partners and suppliers.
- Conduct ad-hoc performance and cost assessments as requested from the business.
What we would like to see (Bonus):
- Qualified or part qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or with a wealth of high-level commercial finance experience.
- Experience working in a senior commercial finance role for an online subscription-based technology company (ideally Fintech, SaaS or online marketplace).
- Strong leadership skills and ability to both mould and build a high performing FP&A team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be impactful at a senior level.
- Incredibly ambitious with a desire to continue to learn.
- Experience in a fast growth scale up or start-up.
- Experience working in an FCA regulated business, fintech, FS or insurance.
- Experience using Looker as a tool.
- London (Remote initially)
- £70,000 - £75,000 + share options
Please get in touch with Jack Pearson (
email@example.com) for more information.
Please feel free to circulate this with any friends or contacts that may be interested. Follow us on Twitter: @HarmonicGroupHQ