Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (UK)Reporting To:
Senior Vice President - Corporate Finance (based in New York)Direct Reports:
London with some time spent in Redhill as required Contract Type:
£80,000 per annum + 10% bonus tied to the growth in the Company's adjusted EBITDA performance.
The People's Pension for auto-enrolment government pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, life assurance, 25 days holiday + the UK public holidays.Purpose
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for efficiently providing detailed analytical support to improve business performance. The person in this position provides financial and operational analytics, budgeting and forecasting, trend analysis, business insights, qualitative assessment of risks and opportunities, and recommendations based on advanced financial analysis. Serves as a strategic thought partner to senior leadership team for financial operations for all UK brands.
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Finance and provide direct support to the President of Professional Staffing (UK).Key Responsibilities
· Act as a trusted advisor and thought partner to assigned areas of the business within the Professional Staffing (UK) Business Stream including:
· Providing financial modelling and support in potential new client deals.
· Providing proposals in how to improve efficiency and profitability of the business stream
· Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of new deals.
· Work closely with other Finance departments and functions, such as Accounting and HR, during month end close and external audits.
· Report on actual financial and operational performance against targets and prior year; provide variance analysis and guidance on future trends.
· Running various pricing models.
· Analyse commissions and bonus structures.
· Ensure key business performance risks, issues, and opportunities are highlighted to management.
· Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
· Prepare robust and meaningful budgets and forecasts, integrated with core business strategy, targets, and processes.
· Act as an advocate and role model for understanding revenue, cost and profitability drivers - both at a corporate and client level.
· Drive processes to improve efficiencies and reduce time spent on low-value activities so that more time can be spent creating value for business partners and ultimately, shareholders.
· Generate insight and drive outcomes by challenging assumptions, scoping and framing problems, and analysing and delivering solutions.
· Influence strong cross-functional communications and enhance efficiencies by leading teams through process improvement efforts.
· Actively engage in the ongoing improvement of financial, planning and business intelligence systems and processes.
· Perform ad-hoc projects, analytics and provide recommendations as identified by the leadership team.About you
Whilst generating accurate information is important, so too is what you use it for! You will be someone who challenges the status quo and uses financial information to drive business outcomes and changes in behaviour across all levels of the organisation. You will have the proven ability to develop strong working relationships with senior leadership and have the gravitas to influence the board.
- Must be solution-driven with sound problem-solving skills and a creative approach with the ability to develop new ideas.
- Experience establishing new processes and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and organise both work and people to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team (and independently).
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- At least eight years of related experience with an understanding of reporting & analysis in a medium sized company.
- ACCA, ACA, or CIMA qualified accountant desired but not required.
- Excellent reporting experience with the ability to produce accurate, timely, and informative reports.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Experience in the recruitment industry is preferred, but not required.
- Leadership experience desirable.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent and highly accurate math and analytical skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint), RSM InTime, OneStream (or any other multi-dimensional systems) and Access Dime