Are you looking to kick-start your career in commercial finance?
I am working with a growing Leisure business who are currently hiring a Junior Commercial Finance Analyst to support the success of the business through providing accurate and timely reporting as well as analysis of performance across the business.
Your day-to-day will involve getting close to the detail in a fast-paced, growing business, and play a key role in supporting a small, busy Commercial Finance team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Running daily, weekly and monthly membership reporting, circulating to all areas of the business, including senior management team
- Developing an understanding of core membership processes across the business, and within the membership system, to ensure integrity of all membership reporting
- Starting to build knowledge and experience for commercial analysis
- Supporting the Commercial Finance function to help deliver robust commercial analysis to the rest of the business
- Tracking promotional activity throughout the year
- Assisting with the quarterly forecast and annual budget process
- Continual development of management information systems, to improve automation of reporting to key business users
- Developing strong relationship with Configuration team
- Supporting key tracking of performance - a critical growth avenue for the business
This role will suit someone with strong academic qualifications, educated to degree-level, with an interest and desire to progress within Finance and potentially start studying towards an accounting qualification. You will need at least a year's experience within a commercial environment, e.g. in a placement year, internship or similar. You will need strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, and ideally experience working with multi-dimensional databases.