University of Wales Administrative Officer: Finance Business Support
Full Time (37 hours, 1.0 FTE
: Grade 4 / £22,417 to £25,941 per annum plus an additional London Allowance
Location: London Campus- HOW TO APPLY -
Please click here: https://jobs.uwtsd.ac.uk/JobDescription/6MZTNBKMCSI?&mId=dxCo2wntJkM
Each page of your application will be saved when you click 'Next' or 'Previous'.
Please note, this application process does not include the option to submit a CV. Therefore, your application will be assessed based on your answers to the application questions only and, in particular, your Supporting Statement.
Note: Your correspondence language will be determined by the language you apply in.- THE ROLE -
The Administrative Officer: Finance Business Support will monitor and record day-to-day financial and resource activities of the London and Birmingham Campuses (LC/BC) and assist the Executive Officer: Finance and Resources (LC/BC) in providing accurate and timely financial information to enable effective management decision making. This will involve taking a pro-active role in dealing with outstanding fee matters and working closely with students and the Student Loans Company (SLC). The post holder will work collaboratively with LC/BC Admissions, Student Services and Assessment teams, as well as relevant colleagues in the central teams of the University.
Main duties will include:
- Work closely with the Executive Officer: Finance and Resources and Student Services teams to establish students' SLC funding status.
- Contact students with funding issues to understand their current SLC status and work with the Student Services team to offer support to resolve outstanding issues and facilitate approval of their funding SLC.
- Accurately document the outcome of contact with each student and make follow-up calls.
- Produce weekly progress reports on the ongoing status of all outstanding debts
- Liaise with the UWTSD credit control team in relation to the LC/BC.
- Closely liaise with Registry and local Admissions teams to facilitate swift student registration and required follow-up processes.
- Contact International and direct fee-paying Home/EU students with outstanding fee payments and facilitate their fee payments.
- Support the Executive Officer: Finance and Resources with projects / business cases and tasks when required.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the preparation and updating of key internal information management and performance monitoring reports.
- Support the Executive Officer: Finance and Resources to design a robust student debt monitoring system.
Please view the Job Description for further details, where you will also find a list of the essential and desirable 'Person Specification' criteria.- REQUIREMENTS -
You should have:
- FURTHER INFORMATION -
- A good general level of education up to A-Level standard (or equivalent) or higher
- Knowledge of Student Loan Company and its processes
- Effective organisational skills and demonstrable attention to detail
- Effective and relevant IT skills
- Significant experience in providing customer service or service support
- Effective communication skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation
- Ability to manage workload, organising and prioritising work to meet strict financial deadlines
Closing date:5th July 2021, 11:59 pm
- Annual leave entitlement is 28 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Please note that immigration sponsorship under the UK Government's Skilled Worker visa route is not available for this role