Progress your career within a growing national charity where you will be working within a vibrant and supportive environment, in an organisation that will allow you to make a significant contribution to the quality of life for vision impaired veterans, whilst developing your own skills and experience too!
In the Member Activities Coordinator job, you will be:
- Providing, developing and coordinating a range of activities, trips and events to/for blind and visually impaired members and their family and friends, tailored to individuals and groups with a variety of needs and abilities
- Creating a stimulating, personalised and sociable programme that creates a sense of wellbeing, promotes independence, fosters a sense of community and reduces social isolation
- Developing and maintaining relationships with colleagues across all departments and also members, providing onsite support for the duration of their stay
The ideal candidate for the Member Activities Coordinator job will have:
- A proactive and creative side with the ability to build links with the local community and access resources and new opportunities
- Experience of coordinating a diverse programme of events and activities
- An ability to lead and inspire a team and provide all line management responsibilities Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a warm, effervescent and approachable manner
- Efficient IT, organisation, problem solving and time management skills
- The ability to work within a team environment as well as being able to work alone using your own initiative
- A full driving licence (or able to travel to meet the requirements of the job)
Please note that this post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB).
This is a permanent role, working 35 hours per week (to include some weekends due to covering events etc.) and is based in Llandudno. The salary is £22,500 per annum and includes benefits such as free life assurance, sickness benefit scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and a generous pension scheme.Closing date:
4pm Friday 13th August Interview date:
Tuesday 7th SeptemberTo be considered, please apply here and we will send you details of how to get further information about the job, and where to send your CV and statement.
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of a developing and growing charity that values its beneficiaries, staff and volunteers, please follow the details above today!