Are you ready for your next challenge?
Charity People are working with an amazing international membership organisation to help recruit a Director of Finance and Resources. The International Society works with eminent health care professionals to improve women's health and wellbeing. You will join a successful team of 35 dedicated professionals who are passionate in making a difference.
This West London based role requires someone who is focussed and driven to support the organisation's growth. You will be reporting directly to the CEO; this role will suit an ambitious, commercially- minded and innovative individual, with an appetite for taking a lead in organisational change. You will be leading and managing Finance, HR and IT and have strong interpersonal skills to support and lead these teams.
Due to COVID-19, this full-time 37.5 hour role successfully operates from a home working environment at the moment but it is anticipated that this will change to a hybrid model from 1 September 2021. The role offers a salary of circa £70,000 per annum plus benefits.
The successful candidate will be part of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and will be required:
- To lead, facilitate and ensure the implementation of the finance strategy of the organisation
- To take a responsibility for financial governance and compliance matters and for setting up systems for financial control, effective planning, monitoring and evaluation in order to support the sustainability of the organisation
- To deliver a robust IT and HR service provision together with the management of facilities, including health and safety, across the entire organisation
- To provide effective leadership of the Finance and Resources Team
- To ensure the operation runs smoothly and to budget and that any development / change projects are planned for implementation in a way, in which all stakeholders can participate in appropriately
- To liaise with and present to the Board of Trustees and the SMT, leading on the development of the strategy
- To take on new projects and work closely with the CEO and the SMT
- To manage financial reserves in line with the organisation's reserve policy and to work with investment managers
Candidates applying for this role must have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant with recognised CCAB (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) qualification
- Proven track record in a senior leadership role
- Experience of effective strategic planning and implementation
- Strong experience working in the NFP or Charity sector and understanding how a complex charity works
- Ability and experience leading and managing Finance, HR and IT
- Experience working with international offices
- Strong experience and knowledge of VAT, including partial exemption and VAT planning in an international context
- Commercially-minded with strong empathy towards the charity sector
- Working with medical professionals would be an added advantage
This role will be closing on 31st July, 2021
Candidates who are suitable will be contacted before the closing date to have an in-depth conversation regarding this role.
Interviews for this position will be held w/c 9th August, 2021
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply with a copy of your CV. Candidates shortlisted will be required to write a supporting statement.
If you wish to have an informal chat please contact us.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.