Assistant Accountant required for our client
You will work in a team with a Client Accountant and Senior Accountant, supporting them with the delivery of high-quality services to a portfolio of clients.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: Accounts & Corporation Tax:
- Contribute towards building long term relationships with our clients by ensuring you work closely with client accountants to meet statutory deadlines for the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Complete client bookkeeping as required
- Co-ordinate the request of year end information and bank statements for the purposes of Accounts production
- Complete Accounts checklists to confirm receipt of all information and that accounts are ready to be prepared
- Undertake PAYE, VAT, CT and other reconciliations needed to complete the accounts
- Preparation of IXBRL Company accounts within CCH based on clients FreeAgent/Xero records to review stage for Client Accountants.
- Preparation of CT600 for client companies to review stage for Client Accountants.
- Ensure all S455 tax is reclaimed appropriately at the correct time
- Send Corporation Tax Reminders
- Dealing with the accounts, CT600's, bookkeeping and correspondence for annual clients
Formal AAT or ACCA qualification either currently studying or completed would be highly desirable
Competitive salary and access to an employee benefits and discount package •
Study support towards AAT or ACCA
Holidays start at 25 days rising to 30 over time
Auto-enrolment pension scheme
Hybrid working with an option to work from home some of the week
Clear career development with an opportunity to drive your progression