Applications are invited from enthusiastic and motivated candidates for the Fixed Term post of Assistant Practitioner within the West of Scotland Specialist Virology Centre (WoSSVC) in Glasgow. The post holder contributes to the provision of a clinical laboratory service by performing a range of routine clinical laboratory tests. The post holder provides technical and analytical support to Healthcare Science Practitioners, BMS and Scientists within the Healthcare Science discipline in which they are employed. The post holder will be expected to have an understanding of a wide range of diagnostic procedures carried out within the appropriate discipline.
The fixed term for these posts is 18 months and the shift pattern is 08:00am to 8pm Over 7 days
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing a number of technical/scientific activities including the whole genome sequencing (WGS) section of the WoSSVC.
- Operation & maintenance of complex equipment
- Providing technical & analytical support to registered Healthcare Practitioners and Scientists
- Maintaining accurate records in relation to a diverse range of activities carried out
- Planning, allocation and day to day supervision of a team of Healthcare Support Workers (HCSW) rotating through the department section, including workload allocation, rota management, mentoring and provision of guidance and training as and when required
- Recognising limits of practice and refer to registered practitioners as required
Informal contact:Scott Nicolson, 0141 242 9645, Scott.Nicholson@ggc.scot.nhs.uk
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde encourages applications from all sections of the community. We promote a culture of inclusion across the organisation and are proud of the diverse workforce we have. Details on how to contact the Recruitment Service can be found within the Candidate Information Packs.