NOC Technical Support Engineer - £25,000 - Lancashire Role: NOC Technical Support Engineer Location: BlackburnSalary: £25,000Industry: MSP
Are you an experienced Network engineer looking for the next step in your career?
Do you want the opportunity to work for a fast-growing MSP who prioritise staff training and progression?
Do you have experience of Cisco routers, both management and configuration?Client:
Concept IT are looking for an experienced IT Support analyst to work for a busy SME MSP based in Lancashire. My client provides a busy to customers all over the world and due to a sustained period of growth are looking to expand their IT team.
The role is either worked Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours a week.Role:
- Tickets resolved within SLA
- 95% of tickets resolved within the agreed SLA
- Ticket Management
- Ensure tickets are managed based on priority and age to avoid escalation and a poor customer experience.
- Minimise time between updates on tickets keeping the number of tickets without an update each day to a minimum
- Assist with field engineers who call in relating to projects and faults.
- Proactive update to customers
- Being on the front foot when dealing with customers and proactively asking for any information needed to progress the ticket.
- If owning a ticket, ensure that regular updates are provided
- Queue management
- Managing workload daily as well as being available to pick up new high priority tickets at any time.
- If working on a ticket that is beyond your skillset, then use the correct process to hand over to a senior engineer to progress, to prevent unnecessary delay.
Work alongside the lead Professional Services engineering team with new installs / issues which come off the back of the project. Technical Skills and minimum 2 years' experience on some combination of the following:
· Experience of Cisco routers, both management and configuration.
· Experience of Cisco/Extreme Networks/Aruba switches, both management and configuration.
· Experience of Cisco firewalls, both management and configuration.
· Some experience of following Incident, Problem, Release, Change, Configuration and project management processes.
· Knowledge of networking principals.
· In depth knowledge of Windows networking.
· Familiarity with Windows server operating system from a networking perspective.Accreditations (Cisco): one or more of the following:
· Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) - Any specialism
· Cisco Certified Network Associate - Any specialismSkills & Abilities:
· A self-starter, someone who can work using their own initiative
· An ability to work in a busy environment
· Passionate about data engineering
· Excellent Customer Service skills with a strong customer focus
· Willingness to progress and continue to develop knowledge and skills in other fields.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, willingness to co-operate & work effectively as a member of a team & interact with other departments
· Adaptable to change
· Able to communicate fluently both orally & in writing
Eager to learn, dynamic, motivated, flexible & service-minded a team player who is capable of working independently or as part of a team.
This is an immediate requirement, therefore if you are anyone you know is interested, please forward your most up to date CV with contact details to Jack Bannister at for consideration.
Citrix - VMWare - 0365 - AWS - AZURE - WSUS - Active Directory - SLAS - KPI's - INTUNE - SCCM - Veeam - SQL - 1st - CCNA - CISCO - CCT - SLA - ARUBA