A Risk Assistant position at a leading law firm headquartered in London, salaried up to £27,000pa.Your new company
A Leading Law firm headquartered in London with offices in the UK, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. There unique approach to law has made them a leader in the world of dynamic growth and family businesses, and among the world's leading creators and owners of private wealth and their families. Looking to build upon the 26 strong Compliance and Risk Team based in London.Your new role
This new, growth position within the Risk and Compliance space is the continuation of a role that was first established in 2020. The role will report into the Risk Partner and General Counsel jointly and (on data protection matters) to the Privacy Officer. It will focus on four different elements:
- Gain an understanding of the DAC6 legislation to help partners to assess matters on whether they have specific hallmarks that means we are obliged to report on the matter and liaise with tax specialists within the Firm where expert input is required
- Using particular software for monitoring partner compliance, record management, uploading necessary data and creating relevant reports
Data Protection Compliance:
- Assist the Privacy Officer in monitoring compliance and data practices internally to ensure the business and its functions comply with the applicable requirements under the GDPR and relevant national legislation and dealing with internal data queries.
- Assist in completing data protection impact assessments, responding to data subject access requests and dealing with data breaches.
- Work with the General Counsel in ensuring commercial contracts with suppliers include appropriate GDPR provisions.
- Assist the General Counsel in supporting the Procurement Team in the implementation of our Procurement Policy to help ensure that we improve our sourcing techniques, management of our supplier relationships to reduce risk. This will involve reviewing and advising on supplier terms and conditions, NDAs etc and ensuring that ethical and environmental requirements are at the heart of our supply network.
- Gain and understanding of the SRA Code of Conduct and in particular in respect of conflicts of interest and confidentiality
- Assist the Risk Partner and General Counsel in investigating possible conflicts of interest and establishing internal confidentiality arrangements.
This combination of roles is relatively new and is still evolving but creates an exciting opportunity to develop valuable skills and experience across a range of matters. The role also involves assisting with certain administrative tasks such as keeping filing up to date, archiving and data entry.What you'll need to succeed
To succeed within this unique, exciting position, you'll need a law degree or GDL and at least one years' experience in industry would be highly advantageous. Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with clients, partners, fee earners and support staff will be essential in this role. Being highly organised and capable of managing conflicting priorities & deadlines as well as demonstrable experience of using initiative will also be key. Being a relatively junior role, demonstrating a willingness to learn and develop with an appetite to develop legal knowledge will be essential for success. Good all-round IT skills including proficient use of Excel, Word and Outlook and experience of data protection legislation is an advantage.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.