Company Secretariat - Director
Are you an experienced Company Secretary, ICSA Qualified, looking for the opportunity to expand your experience by working for a professional and friendly mid-sized professional firm with an accountancy and legal function in the Thames Valley?
Working for a firm whose business model has a bias towards International organisations looking to invest within the UK marketplace, as well as a portfolio of UK based organisations providing you with autonomy and skill development.
Duties will include:
- Drafting letters to clients regarding their annual returns
- Preparation of dormant accounts
- Compliance with all statutory filings i.e. Accounts and confirmation statements -Company and LLP Incorporations, dealing with all related appointments, share issues, share certificates etc.-Advising on the PSC register
- Maintenance of company statutory registers
- Managing issuance of share certificates
- Preparing and advising on board minutes, board resolutions and shareholder resolutions
- Dividend vouchers
- Dealing with company secretarial queries from Clients and Partners
- Engagement letters and obtaining KYC documentation
- Involvement in ad hoc projects
- Internal reports and compliance
- Leading the team and help grow the volume of Company Secretariat business within the firm
- Identify and implement ways for the department to operate more effectively
- Undertake a review of the current software being used by the department.
- An element of business development to help grow the revenue streams of the department.
- Involvement of ad hoc projects.
The successful candidate should have:
- Previous experience of working in a similar role, preferably gained within professional services firm either as a qualified company secretary or a corporate lawyer.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- High degree of trust, accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, willing to take on responsibility to develop the role and new client opportunities
- Knowledge of company secretarial procedures, and appropriate technical skills including in relation to the interpretation of the Company Acts 2006 and other legislation relevant to UK companies and, Corporate Governance
- Working knowledge of different company secretarial software packages
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in particular the ability to work in a team environment and with Partners and senior management
- The resilience and flexibility to maintain consistency of work performance under pressure to make sure all deadlines are met
- Good personal organisational and time management skills and be self-motivated
- Experience in the effective management and supervision of a small team
- Calm influence and pro-active attitude
- Ability to work on own initiative