We're looking for a Customer Team Member - Home Delivery Driver
Location: Jubilee Road Old Railway Site, Wadebridge PL27 7DA
Pay: £9.50 per hour & amazing benefits
Contract: 20 hours per week + regular overtime, permanent, part time
Working pattern: Shifts will fall between 10am to 5pm, Monday - Sunday, to be discussed at interview.
This role includes delivering shopping back to customers' homes, so you'll need to hold a full UK driving licence and ideally have 3 years driving experience.
When you join Co-op, you'll be part of a business that's truly different. We're passionate about putting our ethical values into practice, and our home delivery drivers do an outstanding job of being there for the communities we serve.
What you'll do as a Customer Assistant (Home Delivery Driver):
• deliver customers shopping to their home in a friendly, helpful and personal way
• take time to listen and expertly resolve customer queries
• pick and pack with care, all customer orders (including packaged meat and age-restricted items)
• load and unload the company vehicle
• make sure the company vehicle is well maintained and clean
• when you are not on the road, you'll be helping in the store, on the checkouts, stocking shelves and generally supporting your team where needed
To be successful:
• a full UK driving licence with 3 years' experience and no more than 6 points on your licence
• a passion for customer service
• great communication skills
• the ability to work as a team and achieve team and individual goals
• an enthusiastic approach to work and a willingness to support your colleagues when the store gets busier
• the flexibility to work shifts to support the opening times of the store
At Co-op, you'll join a great team with a benefits package including:
• premium rates for hours worked before 6am or after 10pm
• flexible shifts/working hours and regular overtime opportunities
• 20% off Co-op branded products in our food stores all year-round
• 10% off other brands all year-round, which doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after every payday
• discounts on other Co-op products and services are also available
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Diversity and inclusion
We want to build diverse teams where everyone can contribute and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and we know it's important our teams reflect the communities they serve. We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process if you need them.
As part of your application, you'll need to complete an online assessment which will take between 15 and 20 minutes.
Co-op is committed to supporting communities and keeping our customers and colleagues safe during the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. If you're successful in your application, you might occasionally be required to work in other stores within the local area to cover colleague absence