Assistant Project Manager
Initial 12 month contract
£40 per hour UMB
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of either an assigned sub-element of a high complexity project, a low to medium complexity project or a group of work packages under the Project Manager.
You will be accountable for the quality, cost and schedule of your assigned work scope.
* Developing and documenting project execution strategies for assigned Project scope, appropriate to the site environment, to deliver the required outcome and value for money.
* Developing schedules and budgets for assigned project scope, submitting baselines for approval and managing progress and change to successful project completion.
* Planning for and managing the safe delivery of works, ensuring compliance with Company procedures, policy, legislative and regulatory requirements, including production / checking of appropriate documentation and records.
* Planning for and managing the quality of project delivery to achieve right-first-time output, including Lifetime Records.
* Effective management of Project Risk including early identification and escalation of threats and realisation of opportunities.
* Effective contract management including producing/co-ordinating tender packages, selection assessments, progress and change management, and final accounting.
* Analysing project data, setting and managing responses and actions, collecting and incorporating learning from experience information into delivery plans, developing stakeholder engagement and communication plans, and assisting in the production of formal Project Reports.
* Leading elements of Project Improvement activities, including the areas of schedule, contractual, risk management, safety, security, quality and behavioural performance.
* Managing low to medium complexity engineering or construction projects or packages.
* Working as an Sub PM, Assistant PM, Project Engineer or similar role within a dedicated Project team, with responsibility for delivering to schedule and cost.
* Managing a mixed operating environment with a significant element of projectised delivery, for example within an Engineering/Maintenance/Facility Management role.
* Managing business change, Improvement or IT projects either as a dedicated role or as a significant element of an Operational position.
* Project management experience required
* Engineering or nuclear background are required
Please apply if you feel you have the correct skill set.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.