Urology Advanced Cancer Clinical Nurse Specialist Team leader
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated nurse to join the CNS team as a Uro-Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist and Team Leader.
This role combines expert clinical work alongside support and development of the nursing team. The CNS will work collaboratively with the wider cancer team to develop more nurse-led services and clinics
If you thrive on a challenge and feel you can make a real difference to the care of prostate, kidney, testicular, penile and bladder cancer patients, this post may be for you.
Our approach is patient centred, focused on delivering high quality, safe integrated clinical pathways to achieve excellent clinical outcomes and patient experience. We are also committed to further developing the scope of nurse led services within this cancer specialty.
You need to be:
• An experienced nurse, with highly developed interpersonal skills and committed to collaborative working with other health and social care professionals.
• The ability to carry a patient caseload and be responsible for the management of complex cases.
• A highly visible and proactive leader acting as a clinical resource and ensuring the sustained delivery of high quality patient care for people at all phases of the cancer pathway.
• Responsible for exploring current practice, identifying areas for development, and planning the appropriate change using current evidence to evaluate outcomes.
• Responsible in the delivery of nurse-led consultations and will act as a point of contact (in phone and in person) in communications with patients, relatives and GPs and other external hospital staff / tertiary referrers.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate you have significant experience in managing patient pathways. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to negotiate and liaise effectively within a team based environment.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Murdina MacDonald Lead Cancer Nurse firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Parker on 01592 643355 ext 23337.
A requirement of this post is to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Prior to appointment.
NHS Fife is legally obliged to ensure all its employees are legally entitled to work in the United Kingdom. If you are not a United Kingdom (UK) or Irish National, you are required to confirm your right to work in your application.