The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.Team Description
The MongoDB Developer Relations (DevRel) organisation aims to build an amazing ecosystem where all MongoDB users can thrive. With the acquisition of Realm in April 2019, MongoDB committed to extending our ecosystem to the mobile development sector.
The DevRel Community team develops and executes strategies to build meaningful peer relationships within the MongoDB ecosystem and manages systematic programs with regular touchpoints to connect our internal and external users.
We are looking for a Community Manager who can lead and own our mobile developer community engagement strategies and growth goals; advocate for improvements in mobile developer experience; and communicate as a peer to the mobile community. This role will require effective collaboration with stakeholders and high visibility in our global community.
With the Realm engineering team primarily based in Copenhagen, Denmark we are looking for candidates who are based in Europe but will consider strong candidates from anywhere in the world. We encourage and support remote employees and the majority of the Developer Relations community & advocacy teams work remotely.Candidate ProfileThe Right Candidate For This Role Will Have
- Insights into the mobile ecosystem: what drives developers, what are their key concerns, what tools they use day to day?
- Proven community engagement experience including developing, running, managing, and scaling community programs like forums and user groups.
- Understanding of the terminology, concepts, and standard methodologies for coding mobile apps.
- Mobile development experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good at fostering and building relationships both in person and online.
- A great communicator with empathy for developers, consistent follow-up, and excellent attention to detail.
- A conduit between the company and the community who can discover ways to serve both.
- Great at seeing the big picture and understanding how the smaller things fit together to achieve this big picture.
- Build out and execute on the community vision together with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent Realm in the developer community and help to build a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive community environment for members from a variety of backgrounds.
- Develop and execute on timelines, deliverables, and reporting for your goals to drive success against team goals.
- Build and execute on strategic plans for growing the community in target regions around the world.
- Contribute to improvements in internal processes and procedures as our team grows and matures.
- Take a data driven approach to problem solving.
Within 3 months
- You will be engaging with our developer community.
- You will be regularly reporting on community insights and making data-driven recommendations.
- You will start implementing strategies to grow our mobile community and get the community members engaged.
Within 6 months
- You will be fully owning the mobile developer community growth program.
- You will be identifying and nurturing community Champions for Realm.
- You will be the go-to person for the mobile community at MongoDB.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we're committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees' wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it's like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.