The Digital Manager is a key role in the delivery of our Digital Proposition, managing complex digital projects for 130 Premier tier brokers who make up our large member base within Broker Network.
You will lead the team on all digital enquiries, strategic planning, UI and UX guidance, SEO, and other digital marketing topics. Deadline-driven and firm but fair, as Digital Manager you will be the subject matter expert on all things digital, manage the digital production schedule, and ensure projects are on time.
You will be a self-starter, using your strong digital marketing acumen to help our members make the most of their digital presence, and give strategic suggestions for them to optimise and improve their website. You will be able to handle multiple projects at once and juggle your time according to priorities, while being customer focused and handling queries from members who may have little digital knowledge with patience and empathy. You will be able to deliver your digital knowledge in an easy to understand format that pitches it at the right level for your audience.
As an experienced team manager you will be able to handle reviews, 121s, and encourage and mentor your team to deliver on their objectives. You can also deal swiftly with any issues of performance, and ensure a culture of ownership is fostered through the team.Key Role Accountabilities: Team management
Internal and External Stakeholder Management
- Managing the digital team and delivering 121s, mid and end of year reviews, appraisals and following disciplinary procedures
- Set objectives and managing the team, with a culture of project ownership, and supporting them in delivering best practices in digital design and technical capabilities.
- Mentor the Senior Web Developer into a team leader role, and cascade down objectives and priorities to him
- Mange the RAG status of team members and push to ensure projects are completed on time
- Foster positive and strong relationships with members, ensuring they are kept up to date with live project status.
- Ensure the Marketing Consultancy proposition is promoted and positively referenced to where the opportunity arises, and adhered to internally within the team (both digital and wider marketing team) in terms of hourly management of allocated time, and within scope.
- Work with the Ethos team on projects for the partners, and wider stakeholders of Ethos
- Foster positive and productive relationships with the BDMs
- Foster positive and productive relationships with the wider teams within Broker Network and the Ardonagh advisory team
- Manage multiple internal and external digital projects from website builds to landing pages, all with a commercial understanding of their application and suitability for the end user
- Ensure all projects within the digital team are completed on time and to deadline
- Keep project management up to date on Hive to ensure wider team communication and involvement
- Ensure apps, tools or additional resources needed by the team are kept within budget and used efficiently
- Provide monthly reports to Head of Digital on key deliverables
- Manage the Website Schedule and keep all administration with regards to the pipeline and further work updated
- Ensure all administration for the team is efficient and fosters a culture of ownership to keep projects on time
- Manage own workload and ensure projects are completed to time
- Consistently review the whole Digital Team's processes to ensure they are efficient and fostering a culture of integrated ownership and communication
- Ensure projects are being monitored to prove their efficiency and that the optimum skills are being utilised from across the team
- Provide consultancy to the wider team and members on key digital marketing topics and technical queries
- Provide knowledge and support on the website build process, as well as data and evidence-based knowledge on UI UX, user journeys
- Consult where necessary on PPC and SEO in line with the Marketing Consultancy service remit
- With the support of the Senior Web Developer, provide technical consultancy on servers, domains and other technical issues
- Manage technical projects such as server moves and the management of our domains, websites and digital services where necessary
Qualifications & Experience: Mandatory
- Drive innovation of ideas and developments with the team to push the digital service forwards
- Enhance the ever-changing landscape of digital to ensure our services and the work we provide is up to date and future proofed
- Think of innovative projects to combine out the box thinking with the technical and commercial priorities of the team.
- Wordpress expert with at least three years experience
- Digital marketing experience managing multiple projects
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Deadline driven and able to push work through with initiative
- A passion for digital marketing, and new developments in UI/UX and SEO
- Google analytics knowledge, with experience in custom reporting and dashboards
- Excellent communication skills
- Organised, proactive and a self-starter
- Fantastic customer service skills
- Observe and follow processes and systems already established within the team
- Some experience with SEO/PPC
- Knowledge of Hive
- Experience in providing training, webinars or tutorials
- Knowledge and ability to implement HTML
- Knowledge and ability to implement other coding languages
The Ardonagh Group is the UK's largest independent insurance broker with global reach. We are a network of over 100 office locations and a workforce of nearly 7,000 people. Formed in 2017 and following a series of acquisitions in 2018, Ardonagh today brings together best-in-class brands including Autonet, Bishopsgate, Carole Nash, Geo Underwriting, Price Forbes, Swinton, Towergate, Ethos and URIS. There has never been a better time to come and be part of our story.