EA to Equity Research AnalystsPrestigious investment management firm in Victoria*To start end of August - 2 days from home and 3 days in the office* 8 am - 5 pmMaternity cover - £21ph - £24ph
My client, a leading investment manager are seeking an experienced Assistant to join their Equity Team supporting 3 Equity Research Analysts working as part of larger portfolios globally. One of the Analysts is based overseas in Europe and each have a different focus; industries and companies across multiple sectors in Asia and Europe, growth opportunities and Emerging Markets.
This is a full-on EA role looking after multiple people so the ability to juggle priorities is paramount as is the ability to be a 'stress absorber' for the Analysts, whilst working as part of a much larger team of other EAs in the company.
Although this role is initially a maternity cover, the company have significant planned growth over the next 5 years and there is likely to be the opportunity to convert into a permanent position in time.
Hours are typically 8 am - 5 pm (with the earlier start allowing for the covering of the Asian Markets) and although the workload is very busy, there is no expectation to be working later. What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Proactive and comprehensive diary management including liaising with external stakeholders such as Investor Relations Teams, Brokers, Research Providers amongst others
- Using internal Corporate Access CRM system to track all company meetings and sell-side broker interactions aligned with regulatory requirements
- Managing global travel and expenses requests for the team and working with an external travel provider to book necessary logistics
- Preparing documents and presentations in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Preparing briefing notes/research packs ahead of company meetings
- Maintaining Excel-based databases
- Onboarding of new hires and working with IT to ensure email, phone, systems, etc are set up
- Provide ad-hoc support and covering for other EAs across the company and for visitors when required
From experience, my client has found it to be highly advantageous when an EA has supported a team within Equities previously as it allows for a certain level of knowledge within this area of the business.
Alongside this desired experience, they are also looking for an EA who can present examples of:
- Excellent time management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst keeping to deadlines and accommodating last-minute changes
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong service orientation and proactive problem-solving skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- A mindset of growth and an inquisitive nature to be curious about the work that you do and have a deeper understanding of Equities and an interest in learning
If you are interested in the above role, please apply ASAP!