At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best Financial Services provider for our customers. Through our brands, our Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, and play a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us! We're looking for a lawyer to lead a fast paced litigation workload, deliver pragmatic and commercially aware litigation advice to business partners, and support them to identify, monitor and mitigate litigation risk. We'll ask you to support the Head of Team in working with internal partners and external panel firms, and to develop processes to improve the efficiency and management of litigation matters.About us
We're the Retail Banking Litigation Team within the Group Litigation and Regulatory community, and we provide quality litigation advice and support to the Retail Banking businesses within the Group. As a Senior Lawyer in the team, you'll work closely with colleagues to deliver proactive litigation advice to diverse business areas, across a wide range of matters.Core purpose of the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join us! We're looking for a lawyer to lead a fast paced litigation workload, deliver pragmatic and commercially aware litigation advice to business partners, and support them to identify, monitor and mitigate litigation risk. We'll ask you to support the Head of Team in working with internal partners and external panel firms, and to develop processes to improve the efficiency and management of litigation matters.What are we looking for?
A great teammate with a positive mind set. You'll need to demonstrate flexibility and be able to adapt quickly to shifting priorities. With experience in advising and influencing a range of senior business partners, you'll deputise for senior colleagues as vital.Essentials
- Professional legal qualification in a UK jurisdiction or equivalent.
- Current legal practising certificate or equivalent.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of the legal, technical and procedural factors affecting litigation matters.
- Significant post-qualification litigation experience in the financial services sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to influence at senior business level and quickly build trust.
What you'd get in return
- Prior in-house experience.
- Good awareness of the Retail Banking sector, including the relevant regulatory framework.
- Previous line management experience.
We'll give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
- A performance share bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
If you have the skills we're seeking and you're looking for your next step, we'd love to hear from you.
Together we make it possible!