Job Title: SpLD Assessor
Salary: Up to £42,000 + 6% bonus & benefits
Hours: Full Time
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great Higher Education Provider on an exciting new role in the Wiltshire area.
Starting soon, they are looking for an outstanding SpLD Assessor / Disability Advisor to join them on a permanent basis.
The SpLD Assessor / Disability advisor role:
• You will Manage the Disability Support Service, agree processes and procedures, undertake monitoring and evaluation of the process to ensure continuous improvement.
• Engage with the Governance team to revise relevant policies, such as reasonable adjustments and mitigating circumstances.
• You'll enjoy working in a supportive environment, where the Health and Wellbeing of the student is at the heart of the action.
• You'll champion Equality and Diversity ensuring that Inclusion for all is at the core.
What the SpLD Assessor / Disability Advisor will need:
• You'll either hold or be working towards a SPLD Assessment Practicing Certificate (APC) and have experience of working within the field of Reasonable Adjustments and their implementation within an Educational or Workplace setting.
• Ability to work sensitively with students with disabilities in assessing their needs in relation to access to the curriculum and assistive technology.
• Experience of supporting students with a mental health condition, autistic spectrum condition, dyslexia.
• Practical knowledge of external support networks for students with disabilities including SpLD and autism.
• Knowledge of assistive technology and its applications for disabled students.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits.
We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK's largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now'. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.