Job title: Band 4 Pharmacy Technician
Salary: up to £27,237 dependant on experience
Hours: 37.5 hours
Location: 60 Grove End Road, London, NW8 9NH
Do you want to be part of a vibrant and dynamic team? The charitable St John & St Elizabeth Hospital is looking for a dedicated individual to take our recently extended service to the next level.
You will be an experienced Pharmacy Technician who has worked within a Hospital/community pharmacy. The Pharmacy Technician will contribute to the accurate and efficient pharmacy service that our team currently provide to the wards and Dispensary, this will include dispensing for inpatients, outpatients and ward top ups.
Located in leafy St John's Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey. Uniquely, all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John's.
Am I the right person for this Band 4 Pharmacy Technician role?
* BTec in Pharmaceutical Services or NVQ3 in Pharmacy services or equivalent
* Registered with the GPhC
* Previous experience of working in a Pharmacy, ideally within a Hospital setting
* Experience of stock control
* Prior experience of counselling patients
* Good communication skills, written and oral
* Pharmacy systems knowledge
What are the Responsibilities of this Band 4 Pharmacy Technician role?
* Deputising for the Dispensary Manager
* Procurement of medicines for use within the Hospital
* Receipt of orders
* Putting away stock according to SOPs
* Supplying stock to wards and departments
* Charging of medication supplied to end users
* Dispensing medicines under the supervision of a Pharmacist
* Liaising with wards and departments regarding stock and orders
* Patient counselling
Why apply for this role as a Band 4 Pharmacy Technician?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. We offer competitive salaries and contributory pension schemes including the option to continue with NHS pensions. Other benefits available after a qualifying period include; season ticket loans, private healthcare cover and high street discounts.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
Ongoing training and development programmes
Discounts at local, national and online shops
Interest-free season ticket loans
Cycle to work loan scheme
Employee recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you