esure has a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Crime Manager to join our Claims Financial Crime team. This is a full time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Crime, the successful candidate will work as part of the wider Financial Crime Team, with specific responsibility for delivery of financial crime systems, procedures and controls. The Manager is responsible for ensuring effective first line controls concerning anti-money laundering, financial sanctions and terrorist financing (as applicable to general insurance) and broader delivery of risk mitigation and control maturity assessment of fraud and financial crime across the organisation.
* Design and leading the ongoing evolution of the overall financial crime framework to evidence delivery against FCA Financial Crime prescribed responsibility
* Leading day to day operational anti-money laundering, financial sanctions and terrorist financing activities, as relevant to personal lines general insurance
* Lead assessment and improvement of adequate procedures to ensure effective prevention of economic crime, including anti-bribery and corruption and failure to prevent facilitation of tax evasion
* Ensuring effective Subject Matter Expert visibility, understanding and assessment of the organisation's financial crime threats, risks and overall control maturity
* Leading engagement with all business areas and committees to review / challenge business unit assessment on financial crime risks and mitigating controls
* Delivery of key projects to identify and close critical gaps or vulnerabilities in all areas of fraud and financial crime (where not directly concerning customer or claimant insurance fraud)
* Supporting the Head of Financial Crime in completing pro-active audits using data driven detection tools
* Maintaining a high level of professional awareness and understanding of relevant external regulatory and legislative developments in the UK and EU