About the role:
TVS are operating as part of Team Leidos, a team of defence and logistics specialists, supporting a major transformation contract providing an end to end supply chain service delivering commodity and inventory savings to the UK Ministry of Defence.
We are now recruiting for a Product Quality Manager working for TVS at the Team Leidos offices at Emersons Green in Bristol as part of a vibrant and dynamic team, committed to transforming the way the MOD works. This role is currently working remotely from home.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The PQM is required to review, develop and maintain compliance processes in relation to Concessions, Part Quality NCRs and counterfeit parts and disposal process.
* Act as POC for Commodity Managers and equipment leads in relation to management of product quality processes.
* Contribute to the creation of best practice product quality strategy for CSS across all product and equipment areas.
* Establish and document processes for management of concessions, part quality NCRs (Non-Conformance Reports), counterfeit part management and disposal process.
* Develop and maintain process artefacts and training to support deployment of the above process within CSS.
* Support Commodity Managers and suppliers through the product quality process.
* Build relevant business MI to monitor supplier and business performance in relation to product quality management to support First Strike Availability metrics across CSS.
* Deploy appropriate RCA (Root Cause Analysis) tools in support of the above.
* Provide leadership to CSS in relation to product quality management issues in line with the TVS QMS and with ISO 9001/AS9100/AS9120 and TS 62668 and other relevant standards.
* Support and mentor Commodity Managers and technicians in the investigation and resolution of product quality issues.
* In conjunction with the Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) function, reduce the effect of non-conforming supplier materials on the business performance measures.
* Provide emerging supplier information to SQA function in relation to problem supplier issues, and support supplier audits where applicable.
* Process and manager concession applications from suppliers utilising the relevant MOD process.
* Develop counterfeit parts avoidance processes built on the TL process and TS 62668.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to contribute to a variety of cross-functional teams.
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
* Excellent organisational and follow-up skills.
* Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
* Commercially aware.
* Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
* Membership of an industry related professional body would be advantageous.
* Previous aerospace or quality management experience working with NCRs, concessions, supplier engagement.
* Ability to communicate professionally with customers and suppliers when resolving supplier issues.
* Experience of working in Quality Assurance.
* Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing skills.
* Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers.
Normally based from offices in Emersons Green we operate flexible start and finish times, have onsite car parking and an earlier finish time on Friday afternoon ensuring a good work life balance. Currently we are operating on a work from home basis that is under constant review as the National guidelines and situation develops.
The successful candidate will be required go through a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) Clearance.
TVS Supply Chain Solutions are specialists in receiving, processing and managing the flow of raw materials, individual components and spare parts for a range of manufacturers within the automotive, beverage, industrial and defence markets.
Operating from six bespoke centres across the UK plus a number of strategic facilities across Europe, Asia and the USA, TVS SCS is owned by TVS Logistics Investment which is part of the $6bn TVS Group and has ambitious plans for global expansion.
Determined to be different, our specialist services set us apart as a market-leading 4PL provider. Our tailor made options include: inventory management; funding and control; supplier management; warehousing; packaging; inbound and outbound transport and logistics; same day delivery; kitting; sequencing; IT software for planning and costing and creation of technical product literature.
If you require any adjustments to allow you take a full and active part in the selection process, please notify us as part of your application. Please note TVS Supply Chain Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer