PAYROLL MANAGER - part time- 9-5.30pm - 3 days a week one day must be a Friday due to payroll run.
Exciting opportunity to join a reputable accountancy firm based in Palmers Green North London. (Due to relocate to Enfield).
The Role This role is focused primarily on managing the payroll department and supporting the Office Manager of the firm to create space for them to develop the brand, and to be able to serve a growing list of prospective clients, as well as dealing with the office management.
You will be part of the core team of 7. Although very autonomous, you will be working alongside the rest of the team, while managing the payroll clients as well as assisting the bookkeeping and accounts teams with their tasks.
You can expect your focus to be on the following 2 areas: 1. Payroll Processing (80%) You will be:
• Managing a portfolio of approx. 50 -75 clients mainly on Xero and also Earnie (IRIS) software
• Maintaining and supervising the payroll function to ensure this is completed on time, working on up to 50 payrolls per month.
• Liaising with HMRC to ensure smooth relations with the client
• Working with the bookkeeping and accounts teams to ensure that the payroll section of each client is up to date and reconciled.
• Working on pension requirements for each client, where applicable and being able to set up auto enrolment schemes (mainly for NEST).
• Supporting the Managing Partner with the overall operational function
• Communicating with clients over their requirements and concerns
• Visiting certain clients as and when required 2. Systems Management (20%) You'll also be accountable for:
• Setting up new clients with all admin tasks and migration of data for historic payroll information, in particular if clients are taken over mid-tax year.
• Creating and maintaining a strategy for monthly reconciliation, to help provide live accounts
• Improving the systems and processes, where necessary
• Gaining sign off from the MP on the above
• Facilitating meetings with the team to outline the above
• Ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered toThe Characteristics
• Must have a proven track record:
• You are a fully qualified payroll manager who has at least 2 years' worth of experience using Xero payroll and other software.
• hands-on expertise working with Xero, including migration from other platforms
• have had experience in running weekly/monthly payroll submissions.
• 2 years' experience managing client portfolios of 50 and more accounts