We are extremely excited to be working with a large, market leading professional services business with their search for a FP&A Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join a business who are extremely well known in their market, who have an exceptional reputation for their service and can offer great prospects for career progression.
This role is based in their Sheffield office, however the business is offering long term home working with the expectation to be in the office 50% of the working week.
It is a newly created position alongside a number of other key roles due to increased workload and to plan for career opportunities that may become available in the future.
We're looking for a successful, driven Finance Business Partner / FP&A Manager who has strong data analysis and interpretation skills as well as the ability to influence decision makers at senior stakeholder level. You will be a driven individual, excited to get involved in projects and will have a keen interest in their industry and able to play a key role in determining the long term strategy of the business.
This role will become the second in command to an established Head of MI and Commercial Finance, whose team is responsible for the extraction, presentation and analysis of key business performance data. The team also undertakes ad hoc analysis in response to specific projects or business demand, supports a number of key strategic initiatives and provides commercial support to front office management.
Duties will include;
* Work alongside the head of the team on strategic initiatives and to represent the team across the business in project forums where appropriate.
* Support interaction with senior front office management, business change and the product development team on commercial decision making (including pricing and discounting).
* Act as the primary reviewer of business performance analysis and ensure there is a coherent and clear message on wider business performance including the reasons for changes in the business. This will encompass both direct financial performance data, wider growth metrics and non-financial information.
* Review output from across the team including dashboards, regular reporting and ad hoc analysis.
* Continued enhancement of the existing MI capabilities and working with team members to keep improving the quality and presentation of information within key MI reporting tools.
* Budgeting and forecasting for key strategic initiatives as part of both the annual budget cycle and in supporting the development of business cases.
* Lead the team in becoming more pro-active in sharing performance insight across the wider business leading to actionable insights for front office management.
* Providing support on the management, calculation and communication of the Growth Incentive Plan awards.
What we're looking for:
* Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
* Experience leading teams and delivering change in a large organisation.
* Comfortable, effective and credible when interacting with senior management including being prepared to challenge where appropriate.
* Commercial mind-set with the ability to exercise sound judgement and present pragmatic solutions to issues.
* Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* The ability to analyse large data sets and identify key themes, trends and issues.
* Strong technical skills with experience of working with Excel. It is desirable, but not essential, that the candidate has previously worked with MI reporting tools
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions