Senior Financial Account Manager
to be based in Guernsey,
required for an international financial services organisation.
A new role due to expansion and growth that will be focused on technical accounting and client relationships, may include insurance linked securities space. Working with team of 16 people to support current clients and provide bandwidth in the delivery of excellent and progressive service as well as on-boarding new clients.Principal Accountabilities
- Final review, quality control and training in respect of management accounts and financial statements.
- Providing bandwidth to existing team members to assist in adhoc queries and projects.
- Support the Directors in client meetings and with projects.
- Implementing and achieving internal audit controls and legal compliance in respect of all companies.
- Resolving client queries and issues within given deadlines. Engaging professionals where necessary and project managing work flows to meet client deadlines.
- Together with the associate director, on-boarding new clients, designing structures, reviewing contractual agreements, developing procedures and ensuring compliance with internal procedures and Guernsey Laws.
- Attendance at specific client board meetings and strategy meetings, including the presentation of accounting, investment, insurance, corporate governance and other ad-hoc matters.
- Review, quality control and training in respect of Company Records. Preparation of clear and concise minutes and tracking of action points.
- Identification of risks and development of procedures manuals and controls to mitigate them.
- Maintaining and developing knowledge of related matters such as company law, accounting standards, insurance programmes, taxation etc.
- Review of profitability of allocated clients together with the associate director and consider how to create efficiencies or negotiate fee increases where necessary.
- Attendance and active participation in Senior Management Team meetings.
- Assist with staff matters including recruitment and supporting appraisals by providing feedback.
- The successful candidate should be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- A working knowledge of Captive Insurance/Protected Cell/Incorporated Cell companies would be a distinct advantage.
- Sound technical knowledge, including a good understanding of all aspects of client administration, business processes, offshore instruments, financial markets, insurance products and principles, accounting, local company law and asset management.
- Good management and leadership skills
- Able to participate at Board Meeting level.