Our established and successful manufacturing client, based in Bedwas area are looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Manager
to join their senior team.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, in this key role, you will be responsible for managing a team of 15, managing all new product development and design activities, to ensure that all products remain safe, legal, and compliant at all times.Key Responsibilities:
- Product design, product development and product maintenance activities.
- Ensure that all products remain safe, legal, and compliant for the full product lifecycle; ensuring that all product technical files are present, correct and are then maintained as per obligations under relevant regulations.
- Deliver innovative and best-in-class products on time and within budget.
- Technical authority for product enquiries and new product development requests. This includes managing design activity in collaboration with Product Managers and Sales Managers of the respective divisions to determine priority and resource allocation.
- Ensure that product data remains accurate and current, with all changes documented via a formal process for future reference.
- Ensure that all products are developed following the documented NPI process and other relevant processes detailed.
- Ensure that all staff always follow safe working protocols and are complying with the processes documented.
- Managing, monitoring, and reporting on all design activity, including resource, planning and project management activities.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Strong and proven Engineering management experience is essential along with proven experience managing a multi-disciplined and highly technical team.
- Proven track record of delivering innovative projects / products to plan and to budget, along with strong project management skills.
- Able to demonstrate responsibility and accountability for product safety and compliance, with clear understanding of European and UK directives, standards and other law affecting products.
- Sheet metal, injection moulding and/or controls experience is highly preferred.
- Technically strong and commercially astute.
- Dynamic and flexible individual who thrives under pressure.
- Able to motivate and inspire a team.
- Good communication and collaborative skills
- Engineering degree qualifications (B.Eng or M.Eng)
- Demonstrable project management experience - (pref. PRINCE2 or similar)
- Leadership or Management qualifications - (pref. ILM or similar)
- Member of professional institute (pref. IMechE, MIED, IEEE or similar)
- Chartered engineer is highly desirable.
Our client is offering a highly competitive salary (circa 55k + bonus depending on experience) and an excellent benefits package. You will have the chance to work for an industry leading company, with excellent career progression opportunities.