Leeds or WinchesterTerm:
Full TimeThe Firm
Capsticks is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care, housing and emergency services sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline. The firm has a turnover of c£50m and around 550 staff - including 400 fee earners - across 5 offices nationally. We act for a wide range of long standing clients in both the public and private sector, including all forms of NHS organisations, governmental and regulatory bodies, registered providers, insurers, police, fire and rescue services, independent health and social care providers, charities and GP practices.
Further details about the firm and the type of work carried out can be found on our website at www.capsticks.com.The Regulatory Division
The Regulatory team acts for many regulatory bodies involved in the field of professional discipline, primarily in the health sector but, increasingly, more widely. The work largely involves presenting cases but also requires managing an investigatory caseload where it is alleged that the registrant's fitness to practise is impaired through misconduct, competence or health issues and preparing those cases for hearings before panels and committees of the relevant regulators.The role
The Regulatory team is looking to recruit an Administration Assistant to assist and mentor the Regulatory Administration team. The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Arranging conference calls, meetings, travel and booking conference rooms;
- Coordinating photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out of letters, faxes etc with Floor support;
- Opening and closing of files, including conflict checking, setting up contacts, electronic filing, record keeping and archiving of files;
- Completing redactions and extractions;
- Acting as a point of contact for internal and external clients as well as liaising with registrants and witnesses;
- Collating bundles with the required correspondence, statements/ exhibits and other documentation;
- Taking internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner;
- Training of new paralegals on Nitro basics;
- Drafting general and basic correspondence as required.
In time there may also be the opportunity to develop the role and responsibilities further.Skills set
Capsticks is committed to recruiting the best people to maintain its status as legal adviser of choice and the successful candidate will likely be able to demonstrate many or all of the following:
Capsticks is an equal opportunities employer
- Previous demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- Good communication (written and oral) skills;
- An excellent telephone manner;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of Excel;
- The ability to work to tight deadlines on a daily basis and remain calm under pressure;
- The ability to take responsibility for their own workload; and
- Good interpersonal skills, highly organised and reliable.
At Capsticks we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive working environment where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. Capsticks is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and therefore we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, background, culture, ethnicity, race, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, neurodiversity, religion and beliefs.
Capsticks is an agile firm and is open to conversations about flexible working.
In 2020 Capsticks achieved a 1 star accreditation from Best Companies, the specialists whose recognition programme is the standard for workplace engagement. The Best Companies accreditation is really important to Capsticks as it focuses on the trust and value we place in our people, their wellbeing and their careers.