A Global Leader in energy transition (power generation/ battery storage) is looking to recruit an Engineering Project Manager to take responsibility for the resource capacity planning of its engineering teams. This is a newly created role and will give the chosen candidate a clear and exciting career plan internally.
This role is crucial in managing engineering resources effectively, understanding what are the product priorities, how much capacity various departments have and ultimately allocate these resources optimally. You will be in charge of setting up the right tools and reporting to facilitate this process across all engineering teams internally.
* Facilitate resource allocation based on overall Portfolio Plan working with Resource Owners (i.e. head of Mechanical, Electrical, Software & Controls, Systems and Validation)
* In conjunction with Product Engineers across all product streams and resource owners within Central Engineering, assess and estimate capacity and competencies to service requirements in step with budgeting cycles and strategic horizons (future roadmaps).
* Identify and inform change control boards/resource owners of implications of any changes to planned engineering activity.
* Track and continually review resource allocation and capacity forecasts versus planned, working with project managers
* With local leadership understand the 'pipeline' to forecast future resource & skill requirements
* Refine systems and methods to continually improve plans so that the organisation can better anticipate project needs
What we are looking for:
* Excellent Excel skills.
* Experience using planning and resource allocation software (ie: Mestec)
* Ability to think laterally and imaginatively to provide solutions to resource issues
* Highly developed numeracy, statistical and reporting skills with the ability to analyse, interpret and manage information
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to form and maintain strong relationships and engage with stakeholders