Our client, Legal & General, is looking for a Financial Accountant to join our Operational Finance department to support with all revenue and billing activities.
Your role at a glance:
· Maintain and develop controls and processes to ensure that all income related transactions for clients are calculated and recorded accurately and, where necessary, settled effectively.
· Prepare month end journals for Sun financial systems and MI analysis to facilitate production of the month end accounts to ensure completeness of income.
· Involvement in the production of client invoices ensuring that a robust control framework is maintained to support the preparation of accurate calculations in line with contractual terms.
· Liaising with Client Relationship Teams and Client Relationship Managers to ensure any changes to policies are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
· Liaise with business partners to aid in the debtor recovery process from clients. Ensuring clients are paying debts in a timely manner.
· Assist in the preparation of ad hoc work to investigate and address issues raised by Client Relationship Managers or Business Partners
· Assist in the development of automation procedures to improve efficiencies in the current processes and mitigate risks.
· Assist in the preparation of monthly Debtor and Invoice Status MI, ensuring that all debtors accounts have been fully analysed.
· Support the finance manager with any new responsibilities that may emerge.
· Ensure that appropriate processes and systems are maintained to enable the LGIM Finance team to contribute to the division's ongoing compliance with L&G's TCF and customer experience policies.
What we're looking for:
· The successful candidate must be either a fully or partly qualified accountant with ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
· Significant accounting experience is required.
· Ability to work as an effective member of team e.g. demonstrate sensitivity/empathy and ability to influence others and operate in a complex matrix structure.
· Communication - This role requires the candidate to interact with stakeholders across LGIM and the wider L&G Group, and with external customers. The candidate should therefore have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Tolerance of Pressure - Particularly during the busy month-end period, the candidate will be required to manage a variety of different deliverables concurrently. The ability to cope with periods of high pressure is therefore a key skill for this role.
· Team Working - Effective management of tasks/assignments through involvement of direct team members and other L&G areas. Setting of clear goals, assigning tasks to members of the team and monitoring progress to achieve a timely and quality result.
· Numeracy - Strong numeracy skills are a key requirement of this role, and the candidate should be comfortable with key financial concepts and able to accurately handle volumes of financial data, manipulate the data for use in other financial or operational processes.
· Software - The candidate will be expected to develop knowledge of SUN accounting system, SCOPE, Folio, Salesforce, iLiD, Business Objects.
· Extremely competitive pay of £150-£250 per day.
· Flexible working hours - full time Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. These hours can be very flexible, you'll just need to discuss with the team.
· The team are currently working remotely but are expecting to return to the office on at least a part time basis soon. Therefore you must be able to commute to the L&G office in Cardiff.
· This is a temporary position, initially for 18 weeks, although an extension may be offered made subject to work volumes