KEY JOB PURPOSE
MANAGE AND IMPROVE THE EFFICIENCY OF THE QUALITY ASSURANCE DEPARTMENT. REDUCE NON-CONFORMANCE COSTS AND AIM AT RIGHT FIRST TIME WITH ZERO CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS. PROGRESS TOWARDS TOTAL QUALITY OWNERSHIP OF ALL EMPLOYEES.
REVIEW AND UPDATE OPERATIONS AND PROCESSES TO ENSURE THAT THEY CONFORM TO ESTABLISHED TOTAL QUALITY STANDARDS
1. Assure product quality and strive for continual total quality improvement.
2. Develop cost effective processes to ensure that total quality is promoted.
3. Maintain relevant ISO and AS EN 9100 certifications or equivalent and any other area of "best practices".
4. Provide Management team support, advice and assistance.
5. Identify quality costs and work diligently to reduce.
6. Liaise with customers and suppliers concerning drawing queries, concessions or any other problem arising within Department, in accordance with procedures. Visit customers/suppliers as directed/needed to improve relations and provide required service.
7. Provide timely Inspection and Quality support service to operations, achieving scheduled lead-times.
8. To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Quality Department: -
1. All forms of inspection and testing include, i.e., 1st off Intermediate and Final Inspection and compiling analysis reports.
2. To supervise on inspection methods and perform, also specify and request any specialised equipment or tooling when necessary to fulfil inspection needs or improve the service provided.
3. Liaise with Production Associates/Operators, when necessary, on methods of rectification/re-work etc.
4. Provide QA training, including training of Operators in all aspects of inspection techniques and equipment, including the preparation of inspection equipment work instruction.
5. Produce FAIR and 8Ds.
6. Undertake CMM programming as required.
9. Assisting in the effective management of the entire measurement and test equipment calibration system. Ensure proper use through education, processes, audits (no metal-to-metal contact on shopfloor, no multiple equipment...)
10. Managing NCR database and provide quality assurance to ensure continuous improvement.
11. Manage External and Internal Audits.
12. Any other reasonable duties as requested.
The successful candidate will report to the Operations Director.
A minimum of three years recent expereince, with proven success in a similar role.
PC literate with competence in Microsoft Office.
Ability to train employees in quality related subjects.
Sound knowledge of inspection techniques, including:
* the ability to interpret mechanical engineering drawings and determine appropriate measuring techniques.
* the ability to produce credible inspection and associated reports.
Sound knowledge of programming CMMs, supported by a certificate of competence in CMM programming issued by the CMM manufacturer or agent.
Mechanical Engineering Qualification
ISO 9000 Auditor qualification.
Strong knowledge and experience in managing Quality Management System