Techniche Global are working with a leading Marketing Agency to appoint an Account Manager.
What does an Account Manager do?
To progress to an Account Manager, you will have gained considerable previous experience as an Account Executive.
As an Account Manager, you are the bridge between the client and the agency, becoming a true partner to them. You are responsible for ensuring that the agency is meeting the client's needs and expectations and that you are constantly solving problems and managing internal and external communications.
On occasions, you will be faced with having difficult conversations. You will need to be considered with your response to ensure you resolve the problem as quickly as possible, while maintaining trust and strong relationships with all parties.
You will report directly to a Senior Account Manager or Account Director and may possibly have responsibility for an account executive, working as part of a tight knit team.
For this role, you need to be organised with strong attention to detail, able to work under pressure and ensure the smooth, timely delivery of campaigns.
Be responsible for managing the client(s) relationship through effective communication and be persuasive, selling campaigns, solving problems and making proactive recommendations. You should be unafraid to have an opinion.
Identify ways of growing the business and look for new business opportunities.
Be confident and have strong presentation skills. Understand from the clients' perspective the difficulties they experience, this is an opportunity to get 'under the skin of what they do' and help them hit objectives or overcome challenges they face.
Always maintain a going above and beyond attitude, be informative, keep up-to-date with competitors, read relevant articles and feed this back to the team and your client(s).
It is important to understand the day-to-day processes of the agency', e.g. digital, creative and communications spending time with each department.
* Passionate about marketing communications and the industry
* Ability to manage your accounts on a day to day basis and become the 'go-to' from your clients' perspective
* Manage projects from start to finish, pre-empting and mitigating challenges along the way
Ability to get under the skin of the client business
* Begin to develop strategic thinking
* Organised with strong attention to detail
* Grow the business and look for new business opportunities
Taking and understanding briefs from clients
* Developing strong client relationships
* Confident with excellent presentation skills
* Able to build relationships as part of a team
* Confident to articulate a point of view
* Able to prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Possibly manage an account executive, be supportive
* Understanding the day-to-day agency processes and making suggestions for improvements if relevant