Finance / Commissions Assistant
Fulltime, Monday - Friday (flexible working considered)
Hybrid role - 3 days in the office 2 days from home.
Do you See Things Through? Can you Deliver Wow?
If the answer is yes, come and join us!
Over the last 20 years, our Commissions Team has expanded substantially! We're on a mission to find the very best to join our awesomely talented team, based right here in Derby.
We're looking for a commissions assistant to join our amazing team in our Derby based Head Office. We process millions of pounds worth of transactions every week and you will be an important part of a large finance team, handling the processing of weekly commission payments, dealing with commission enquiries and general finance duties.
There's lots to do ...
Ideally you will be highly flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Preferably, you will have previous experience of working within a finance environment, have great attention to detail and have strong excel skills. You will:
Process and reconcile commission payments including weekly imports of commission statements.
Deal with various Insurance providers and lenders on a day to day basis
Dealing with a high volume of e-mail banking queries in an accurate and timely manner
Handling telephone queries in a professional manner
Assisting with ad hoc tasks and covering holidays as and when required
Full training will be provided to ensure you can quickly get up to speed, but to be successful in this role you need to demonstrate:
* Proven experience within a finance environment
* Excellent telephone manner
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Have excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships both with internal and external customers
* Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
* Strong organisational skills and able to work under pressure
* Ability to work individually and as part of a team
* Have good attention to detail and be well organised
* Ability to use your initiative and flexible in your outlook
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What you can expect from us
* A voice! We welcome and value everyone's opinion and encourage you to tell us how we can improve what we do and how do it, both as a team and as a business.
* A great working environment, with friendly and supportive colleagues.
* Plenty of learning opportunities, including subscriptions, training courses and lunch & learns.
* Regular social events, including Summer and Christmas celebrations.
* Flexible working arrangements
* Holidays which rise with length of service, plus all bank holidays and the option to buy/sell.
* Matched Share Scheme
* Pension scheme with generous employer contributions.
* Enhanced Parental Leave
* Volunteer Days
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Employee Discount Portal
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Free fruit boxes
* And lots, lots more