This SEMH School provides support for boys aged 9-16 with a variety of social, emotional and mental health challenges. The learning environment and facilities here allow students to access a varied curriculum in a calm and nurturing environment and the team strives to give every student the confidence and opportunities to achieve their full potential.
The main purpose of the role:
The Head Teacher is ultimately accountable for all areas of operational and educational performance within a specialist school for children with an EHCP. The scope of the role will vary depending upon the specific student population's needs.
"Pupils overcome significant obstacles due to the care and support they receive in school. Leaders and staff work hard to improve pupils' confidence and self-esteem. This careful and personalised approach to each pupil improves their behaviour and progress." Ofsted 2017
* Maintain the SEF and SDP as key working documents that provide focus.
* Lead and support staff in working together as a cohesive, dynamic and harmonious team. Encourage everyone to make a contribution to the school and the students' outcomes, regardless of whether we are working directly with the students or not.
* Lead staff in creating enabling learning environments for students to have the opportunities to grow in their own unique and inspiring way.
* Work in an interdisciplinary manner bringing together education, care, therapy and support services; developing innovative new approaches which will lead to the catalyst for change, helping to unlock the potential within each student and enabling each element of what we do to come together to create something spectacular.
* Actively engage with School Improvement Partners (SIPs), Quality and Compliance colleagues and others to take on board feedback and constantly seek improvements.
* Report to governance termly and as required regarding the schools progress against sef/sdp and young people's journey, ensuring quality and safety standards are being met.
* Respond to and manage any concerns/complaints via the company policy.
* Develop strategic relationships with partner agencies which will benefit the school, our young people, community and wider SEN agenda.
* Ensure the School exceeds the Standards and meets all Regulations.
* Ensure there is an appropriately trained and identified designated person for Safeguarding and that all staff comply with all policies and procedures.
* Develop and implement a school curriculum (including policy and supporting information) and ensure the curriculum is designed to meet the objectives of the individual needs identified in Statements of Special Educational Needs (SEN)/ Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).
* Ensure all staff are encouraged to believe in the ethos of This School Group and to behave in a manner that supports our core values.
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
Successful candidate qualities:
Appropriate experience as a member of a Senior Management Team within a specialist school
To hold or willing to study towards NPQH.
Experience of teaching relevant SEN pupils
Experience of setting whole school targets and monitoring performance in order to raise pupil achievement
Evidence of participation in the development of the curriculum
Experience of leading a school as a head, deputy, assistant head or acting head
Experience in developing use of IEPs and assessment
Experience of developing the curriculum to include life and independence skills
School Development Planning Self-evaluation and monitoring
Experience of developments relating to assessment
Staff management skills
Understanding and knowledge of budget issues
Knowledge and understanding of SLD and ASD issues
Up to date knowledge of local and national government initiatives and legislation
Good ICT skills
Relevant experience of HR issues
Involvement in preparation of a SEF and engaging with an OFsted inspection
Involvement in post Ofsted action planning
Use of a Learning Platform
Excellent communication skills
What's on offer?
Full training and continued support
Life assurance and pension
Health cash back plan
Car lease scheme
Bike to work scheme?
Please note that interviews will take place on the 21st and 22nd July 2021
Integritas Education Recruitment Ltd is acting as an employment business for this position. If you are successful, Integritas is required to see evidence of your Right to Work in the UK; in addition to you applying for an enhanced DBS Certificate should you not already hold a suitable certificate registered on the DBS Update Service. The position is subject to agreement to Terms and Conditions and suitable application and reference process. As a result of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we regret that we may be unable to respond with individual feedback. If we have not contacted you within two weeks of your application being received then regretfully your application will not be taken forward on this occasion