Assistant Head / SEND PPA Teacher
* 1 year contract
* South London SEND school
* ASD specialist provision
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Senior Leader in Special Needs to join a school in South London on a 1 year contract starting in September 2021.
This role has come available as the current Assistant Head is preparing to take a sabbatical. The school are looking for an experienced SEND teacher and leader to cover his position during this time. The contract will begin in September 2021. Initially you will cover PPA across the school in order to gain an understanding of the school, the pupils the staff and parents. You will work closely with the current Assistant Head to ensure a smooth transition of the role.
From January 2022 you will assume the full responsibility as Assistant Head for the school. You duties will include:
* implementing high quality teaching and learning (including appropriate ASD teaching and learning strategies) appropriate for a wide ranges of student needs.
* taking on the responsibilities of the head teacher as agreed and appropriate in the absence of the head teacher and deputy head teacher
* supporting phase leaders in their roles and specifically oversee one phase group in collaboration with the phase leader.
* assisting the head teacher and deputy head teacher in relation to all matters relating to Continuing Professional Development, performance management, school improvement and self-evaluation, induction and initial teacher training
* working with the headteacher to raise standards through staff performance management, CPD priorities and ensuring needs are met in the areas of teaching and learning
A full outline of responsibilities will be provided prior to interview.
This welcoming Special Needs school is based in South East London and specializes in supporting children with a diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorders and social communication difficulties. There is an established leadership team in place at the school and staff are experienced and enjoy the benefit of continuing professional development training to ensure they are providing the best opportunities and support for their pupils. Pupils at the school follow a varied, academic and lifelong skills curriculum adapted to suit the individual needs of every pupil. There are many additional opportunities for pupils to take part in exciting activities, in school and out, through educational outings and working with visiting practitioners.
To apply for this role you must have the following:
* Experience of middle or senior leadership in an SEND school
* Extensive experience and training in teaching pupils on the Autistic Spectrum
* A proven success in previous roles in managing pupils and staff effectively
Please apply with an up-to-date CV.
We have a policy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to reply to individual enquiries. If we have not contacted you within this specified time your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Philosophy Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients