Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government's Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.The Day Job
SSCL are looking for a Finance Administrator to join our Salary Overpayments/Staff debt team on a 6 months FTC. The role will cover a variety of case management activities within the Record to Report Team based within the Government Finance Department at SSCL.
You will be working on a project that is instrumental to the client ensuring that overpayments are managed and recovered accordingly.
Are you whiz on excel and have a great attention to detail? Do you have strong admin and data input experience? If so this could be a great opportunity for you to either expand on your existing experience within finance or start your career!
We aren't necessarily looking for a long list of experience but some understanding of what it takes to work in a lively fast paced environment that doesn't stop! If you are motivated and willing to learn, we can show you the rest.?
- Contribute to the delivery of a high quality Finance Service to multiple clients
- Handling payroll overpayments and Staff Debt services with sensitivity, often involving the management of complex and personal information with integrity
- Liaise confidently with internal stakeholders/colleagues to ensure cases are brought to a satisfactory conclusion
- Resolve queries and escalate accordingly
- Maintain records for audit purposes
- Support line management with any additional tasks as and when required
You need to have:?
- Strong Administration/data entry experience
- Experience using Excel and proficient in navigating round Excel (basic-moderate formula and sums, pivot tables)
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible work
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload independently
- Effective team player and work equally as well on their own
I would be great if you had:
Fixed term contract (6 Months)
- Experience of working within a finance/payroll-based environment
- Experience of staff debt and/or overpayments case management, some form of debt collection experience would be useful
NewcastleSecurity Clearance Level
£19,000 per annumBenefits
25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund