Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG's UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK's largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion - what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.Pensions Actuary - Manager
We are looking for individuals with excellent pensions consulting skills, strong technical skills, a commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial mindset and currently have a vacancies in any one of our London, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester
offices.Role and Responsibilities
This role will be suitable for experienced pensions consultants who are FIA/FFA qualified, and who have experience of leading client relationships and advising Trustee boards and Corporate clients. In addition to proven technical and client consulting experience, individuals are to have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate that they can develop the people they work with to deliver quality work to clients.
- Advise Trustee and corporate clients on all aspects of DB pensions, including Scheme funding, journey planning, risk management and production of pension scheme accounting disclosures.
- Produce high quality deliverables that address key client issues.
- Attend client meetings and lead delivery of advice.
- Lead delivery of client projects end-to-end.
- Building and managing relationships with Trustee boards and corporate client.
- Ability to recognise and act on new opportunities on clients.
- Contribute to the development of junior colleagues.
- Regularly monitor all aspects of risk and compliance.
Experience and Competencies
- Either FIA or FFA qualified.
- Excellent understanding of the UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients.
- Able to consistently manage multiple workstreams and prioritise tasks accordingly to deliver high quality client deliverables.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Excellent client relationship management skills.
- Consistently able to work at a high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach.
- Proactive and commercial approach.
- A proven track record in consulting with clients in a mainstream employee benefits firm.
- Ability to lead and coach less experienced staff and work closely with colleagues.