A part qualified accountant / studier is needed for an exciting new Finance Analyst style role.
Your new company
My client is a new and exciting venture which is all about connecting ideas, people and communities to drive innovation that changes lives. Innovation is complex. The journey from idea to market is not straightforward and requires a diverse range of know-how, investment, market knowledge and research. They exist to connect innovators with new partners and new opportunities beyond their existing thinking - accelerating ambitious ideas into real-world solutions.
The future holds both challenges and opportunities. We are passionate about working with innovative
businesses to overcome these challenges and shape the opportunities and solutions that follow.
Our vision is to create a network of innovators so powerful its ideas will change the world.
While business is at the heart of our work, our diverse connections span government, funders,
research and the third sector. This unrivalled overview and connectivity enable us to be a trusted
guide through a complex global landscape of research, development and innovation. Over the next
five years, we will build collaborations at a local, national and global level.
Your new role
To assist the Finance Projects Supervisor to deliver an effective, efficient and robust financial management of my client's projects and high-quality support to Budget Holders, Project Leads and Directors. Assisting with improving processes, policies and maximising relationships with stakeholders, both internal & external.
• Managing projects finance reporting requirements
• Ensuring that all external claim, invoicing and reporting deadlines are met
• Assisting with the improvement of the organisation's financial processes, procedures and controls
• Maximising relationships with internal & external stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
Experience and Qualifications
• Studying towards recognised Professional Accountancy Qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
• Experience in grant funded and project environment desirable
• A few years' experience within a finance role, commercial desirable
Competencies and Attributes
• Sound technical accounting knowledge
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with internal & external stakeholders
• The ability to plan and prioritise work generated from multiple sources and to ensure effective communication
• Highly numerate and analytical
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate financial matters to a broad range of audiences
• High levels of IT literacy overall and intermediate Excel skills
• Self-motivated and strong team player with drive to continue own development at work and within studies
• Positive 'can do' attitude with flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with seasonal pressure points
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
An attractive salary and pension scheme
free parking in a countryside location
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.