Finance Assistant - Part-Time (Temporary for 6 / 7 months)
Based in Bolton.
20 - 30 hours per week to suit your circumstances (£13,333 - £20,000, depending on hours worked)
Is there anything more exhilarating than working in accounts!?
But if you're looking for something part-time, and enjoy working with both numbers and people, we think we're a pretty good option.
* We're a small, friendly team of 9 people, with zero office politics. Everyone in the team is important to us and makes a significant difference to how good we are.
* We have a relaxed, grown-up approach to work. No-one is micro-managed. We recruit bright, conscientious people, then get out of their way to let them do their job. You'll have all the support you need, but you'll have some control over how, and even when, you do your job.
* We're flexible. Even pre-pandemic, all our team had the flexibility to work from home if they needed to.
We invest in start-up recruitment companies and provide a number of support services to our partners, including looking after their accounts function. We're busier than ever and need an additional person to help out our wonderful finance team until somewhere around February 2022.
There's a chance that the role could become permanent beyond that, because we (and our partners) continue to grow, but we can't guarantee it, so it's currently a Temp Role for 6 - 7 months.
We can be pretty flexible on the number of hours worked, to fit your circumstances. We figure we need at least 3 days, so if you want to work, say, 20 hours over 3 days, great. Or if you need 30 hours over 4 or 5 days, we'll make that work too. Or anything in-between.
Here's what you'll get up to:
* Timesheet Management - checking, querying, adjusting...
* Banking - cash receipts & payments to contractors and partners.
* Bespoke system and online portal entries / adjustments.
* Bank Reconciliations.
* Chasing up purchase invoices / expense claims / PO numbers.
Nothing ground-breaking, but a bit of variety.
We'd like you to have some experience in a finance / accounts role, and be pretty IT literate - you'll work with our Bespoke Systems, Sage, and a number of Online Portals.
We'd also like you to be organised, bright, and generally a bloody lovely person!
If it sounds like your cup of tea, please give us a nudge