Becoming a Finance Data Manager with Smart DCC:
Fantastic contract opportunity to secure an initial 6 months contract as a Finance Data Manager with Smart DCC. The Finance Data Manager manage a team of finance data analysts, that support the finance team and wider business to ensure data clarity and integrity.
What you'll be doing:
· Develop an in depth understanding of the different ways the finance data is used and create relevant data policies, where they do not already exist
· Work with the head of transformation and data to create a clear data strategy and ensure its implementation in a timely manner with appropriate controls
· Work closely with the Business Improvement and Internal Audit (BIA) team to understand the annual schedule of internal and compliance audits and manage these within the finance team to ensure all deadlines are met
· Manage and maintain the finance risk register, ensuring all risks are captured. Documenting any required mitigating actions, in line with the wider DCC risk appetite. Ensure all actions are prioritised, assigned to owners and completed by the due date
· Assist in finance transformation and continuous improvement as the subject matter expert for controls and risk mitigation to ensure appropriate controls are embedded in all processes
· Manage the statutory audit feedback in relation to management letter points and agreed upon procedures and ensure an action plan is created and tracked for any control weaknesses identified.
What we're looking for:
Proven accounting knowledge (via ACA, ACCA, ACMA/CGMA or relevant degree preferably in finance / accounting)
Strong management and leadership skills, demonstrated through line management experience
Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, generally numerate with the ability to complete analysis, evaluate these and present findings to colleagues
Experience of data modelling and handing models over to others to maintain
Ability to communicate complex issues concisely, both verbally and in writing
Experience with SAP business software and with visualisation tools e.g. PowerBI
Experience in working in a regulated environment and improving cost transparency
Able to demonstrate flexibility and resilience to work in a dynamic organisation where priorities may change at short notice
About Smart DCC
Smart DCC believes in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We've built the secure infrastructure that's going to support the mass roll out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. That makes this a truly exciting time to join us. You'll be part of a team that's supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future. If you thrive in environment of change and innovation, then Smart DCC is the place for you.
Smart DCC are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What's in it for you?
· A competitive day rate
· Some remote working is available for this role
You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact (url removed)