Our client a large government body are seeking to recruit a Cloud Data Architect:
6 Months initial
£750/day Inside IR35
* Design logical and physical components of cloud data service architectures that will enable the delivery of the required business outcome and service.
* Provide assurance for third party cloud data service designs.
* Provide support to the Cloud Centre of Excellence on the optimal approach for deploying specific AWS or Azure Data processing technologies, based on best practice guidance and experience, as we move towards a DevSecOps approach.. This includes working on the CI/CD tooling as well as the deployed technologies themselves.
* Creation of appropriate formal architecture products for (amongst other activities) product selection, options and impact assessment to validate solution choices, or to enable traceability and provide corporate knowledge for ongoing support efforts.
* Coordinate the efforts of specialist colleagues (such as security and data) to contribute to end to end service designs ensuring quality and coherence throughout the cloud solution layers.
* Work with Operations colleagues to review then, where possible, Approve or Reject Requests for Change to Production Services, ensuring Production services are not exposed to unacceptable risk.
* Work with Operations colleagues in support of recovery from Major Incidents, where cloud services are impacted.
* Work with project managers and service owners to provide whole life costing for the components of the architecture in order to select best value approaches and inform the organization as to the economy of their solutions estate.
* Work with commercial colleagues to provide input to tender materials and conduct supplier and product evaluation.
* Work with service and operations colleagues to define and implement service needs and ensure that sustainable and manageable services are delivered.
* Support technical and service requirements capture, design and assurance including injection of architectural stories into backlogs.
* Perform agile modeling within a Scrum team and the ability to contribute as a Scrum "development team" member by completion of hands on technical tasks.
* Identification and management of "technical debt" items including justification and exception seeking for initial adoption and exit plan for future remediation.
* Actively support and contribute to the domain lead aspects of the team function by providing specialist insight and hands-on experience cloud data service technology domains.
* Experience of designing, building and optimising cloud data service architectures in support of IT programme and projects.
* A practical understanding of architectural models of application and solution delivery and also of delivery methodologies and ways of working.
* Strong hands-on experience and knowledge of at least one public cloud solution ecosystem coupled with a broad understanding of the range of data technologies which may be selected from to deliver required solution capabilities and to meet specific availability and recovery Non-Functional Requirements.
* An understanding of the technical implications of delivering to both on premise infrastructure and cloud (or hybrid) environments and an understanding of the associated economics.
* A desire to prove, pilot and learn new technologies and keep up to date with industry best-practice, external disruptors and adapt accordingly.
* Demonstrate the ability to identify areas where specialist input is required and to coordinate the required resources and consider their advice and input constructively in the broader context of a defined solution.
Experience and Behaviours
* Extensive experience of working with cloud data services (design, build, optimise, debug)
* Experience of working in a multi-supplier environment, both designing aspects of solutions and assuring the work of others to ensure coherent designs support an end to end service.
* Experience of estimating and contributing to project planning, dependency and risk maps from a technical perspective.
* Demonstrate the ability to arbitrate in difficult situations and make decisions that may carry significant delivery and/or financial consequences.
* Demonstrate the ability to think pragmatically to balance architectural elegance, value for money and appropriate adoption of risk while delivering cloud technical architectures.
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas