Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK's civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn't be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager...
"Magnox is one of the largest reactor decommissioning programmes in Europe. As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, we play a key role in the mission to safely, securely and cost-effectively clean up the UK's nuclear legacy, for future generations.
This in an exciting opportunity to provide line management and quality leadership to the Safety Case Management Team at Hunterston A. The successful candidate will provide compelling advice to the Site functions and programs, and has the opportunity to be a key leader as Hunterston considers innovative strategic options that could change the site Life Time Plan (such as continual Reactor Decommissioning).
Following structural changes the department remit and scope has increased significantly, with Maintenance and Facilities Management now being closely aligned with engineering under the Engineering and Infrastructure manager. A candidate who can also demonstrate good engineering/management experience will be given the opportunity to broaden the Safety Case Manager role to act as deputy for the Engineering Manager, and take the lead in delivering key department and site objectives."
* Provide, produce, maintain and implement an adequate safety case management process that meets the requirements of the relevant Site Licence Conditions.
* Provide advice and guidance to the site on safety case issues, and act as Line Manager for the Safety Case team.
* Ensure effective implementation of the site modifications process.
* Deputise for the Site Engineering and Infrastructure Manager.
* Act as site expert for management of the Compliance Maintenance Schedules, and be authorised as DAP 2 Engineer Responsible for the Maintenance Schedule.
* Undertake delegated responsibility as site Design Authority
* Undertake emergency scheme duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
* Degree in a suitable technical subject, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 6
* Membership of an appropriate scientific or engineering institution
* Knowledge of modern standards of safety case production and processes within the nuclear industry.
* Knowledge of safety case processes and applications relevant to a nuclear decommissioning site (e.g. fault schedule production, ALARP justification, etc.)
* Experience of project and/or resource management.
* Able to work across functions and programs to influence change.
* People management experience.
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression, and participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* 4 day working week (full-time hours)
* 25 days (equialent) annual leave
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
* Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires Baseline Personal Security clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible