Our Troon based client is a leader in the Green Tech industry with ambitious growth plans. They supply both the UK and Irish markets with products for various industries including construction and also have a manufacturing plant where they produce timber frame homes for the building sector (private and commercial).
Over the past few years, they have invested massively across the Group including a state-of-the-art combined heat and power (CHP) plant in Troon where we are looking for an experienced CHP Manager who will be responsible for all Production, Maintenance, and SHEQ for the plant.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge and experience as CHP Manager with a proven track record in biomass and energy production.
The Troon facility is an integrated site with the CHP plant responsible for processing the Sawmill Co-products and generating thermal and electrical energy for the Sawmill plus the sale of energy products to 3rd parties.
* Responsible for ensuring CHP unit is operational, serviced on time, and achieves annual run hours
* Responsible for ensuring all Biomass Boilers are operational and serviced on time and achieve annual run hours
* Maintain a proactive maintenance schedule for the CHP plant.
* Maintain a clean and presentable working site compliant with the relevant legislations including required accreditations (e.g. BSL)
* Manage key clients and contracting suppliers
* Identify and produce plan for possible diversification and expansion opportunities for the business
* Produce monthly reports covering operational activity, P&L, H&S, maintenance works, plant run hours
* Liaise with key stakeholders internally including Finance, sawmill, and maintenance management teams, and externally with Ofgem
* Drive efficiencies at all levels in the CHP Plant, through short/medium term projects
* Drive continuous improvement across the plant.
* Lead and manage a team of CHP operators and support staff working a 24/7 shift pattern
Essential Skills & Experience
* Qualification in Biomas, Energy, Engineering or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience
* Minimum 5 years' CHP Management experience is essential
* Be able to drive to exceed goals and push self and others towards high levels of performance
* Strong decision-maker who can delegate responsibility & accountability to the appropriate level
* An excellent manager who can both manage and develop people
* Strong communication skills with the ability to build trusted relationships